New Pet

Often when you play as a particular character-type, props and settings are just as important as the costume and actor. And so, Loki had created a set for his next little performance.

The place he lived in had been quite spartan in terms of furniture and the like. More like a workspace than a 'home.' For the occasion, though, he had bothered to furnish it more before he'd left on his little mission. To make his 'character' more believable.

He'd bought a comfortable couch, and a dark brown wooden table sat in front of the TV. Old vinyl records of the Beatles and other singers hung on the wall as if they were priceless art pieces. He'd seen it in a magazine and knew that the mid- to -older generations held onto such things like dragons protecting their horde. Books from various authors had been picked up at the nearby flee marked, but they were just there to fill up the bookshelf he'd gotten. He had no idea what half of them were about, but placing the titles on display made it seemed like they had special meaning to him.

Upon arriving home, he had placed his assassin friend on the bed in his bedroom. Said bedroom had also been made to look as friendly and welcoming as possible. Ideally, it would help the man form a good first impression of Loki as he woke up. Hence why he had to make it look as genuine as possible.

There was a wooden armoire, filled to the brim with clean clothes of good quality. More books on another, smaller shelving unit, and a wall painting depicting a forest in calm dark green colors. All very calming, soothing things to look upon.

Loki himself was wearing a pair of brown pants and a brown waistcoat that was buttoned up over a soft, cream-colored shirt. The glasses from earlier were in place, resting on the bridge of his nose. His hair was neat and clean but had a slightly ruffled look to it to convey a relaxed air about him.

'Robert Johnson' was ready for his guest. All he lacked now... was his guest. The assassin still hadn't woken up yet. Loki sighed and went to pick one of the random books he had bought and sat down to read. Patience was the key here, no matter how much he wanted to 'get on with the show,' so to speak.

Loki was sitting on the couch hours later in the living room, casually reading said book when he heard it... someone was stirring in the bedroom.

Good... he's waking up, Loki thought with a smirk as he turned to the next page. Now then, time to let him come to me. Give him the chance to feel like he is the one surprising me.

It took several minutes before his assassin friend actually came out to the living room. Loki could clearly hear his guest examining the bedroom, warily shifting things about as if looking for clues as to where he was. The other man wouldn't find anything in there though. Well, nothing other than books, clothes, fresh sheets, and so forth.

The man finally stepped into the living room, though Loki could not see him, only hear him as he moved about. Loki had deliberately left his back open to his assassin friend. If the first thing his guest saw was his back, then it was likely that he would feel safe and in control of the situation.

A surprisingly hesitant voice spoke up a moment later, "Um... excuse me?"

Loki made a good show out of jumping and dropping his book as if startled.

"Ah!" wide-eyed and making a good show of being surprised, Loki turned around. "You're awake! Ah, excuse me, I didn't realize you were up. I would have checked on you if I'd known."

Loki stood up and took a small step toward the other man. He paused and frowned as if in concern as he looked the assassin over.

"Do you need anything? You really shouldn't be up yet," Loki said in a worried voice. "I can get you some water? Or maybe some food? How is your face, does it still hurt?"