Natural disaster

Loki took great care to not slip up while around the others. The work he did with Bruce and Tony was often very tiresome, though that was mostly because there were times that the two mortals were too slow to pick up on the specifics for Loki's liking. Still, he recognized the need to allow the pair to figure some things out on their own instead of spelling it out for them. Allowing the pair to perform the necessary mathematical equations on their own or 'as a group' rather than simply handing out answers like they were a children's treat was very, nay extremely, important. He needed to 'build good rapport' with them after all.

Sadly there were times when it felt like forever for Bruce and Tony to finally arrive at the obvious conclusions. Not that he ever let them see his frustration.

Thankfully, Loki had thought up an excellent way of dealing with the boredom during these times. He could simply escape into his own mind, building little 'what if' scenarios in his head. Thor was sure to show up sooner or later, after all. Once he did, then there would finally be someone that he could gloat to. Or at.

One particular fantasy played over and over again in his mind; Thor would walk in on the pair of mortal scientists as they were working and then pause and marvel at the progress they had made. He would then turn to them, all wide-eyed and gaping mouth before asking them, 'My dear mortal friends, how did you figure all of this out on your own?' in an awed voice. From there, the two mortals would start to talk about Robert. About him. They would gush over how amazing and brilliant he was. That he was a Genius! An absolute marvel and handsome on top of it all.

From there, Thor would likely seek Loki out to meet the 'genius named Robert,' and find him in a seemingly empty room filled with equipment. In this little fantasy, Loki would have his own private lab, of course. It would take the buffoon a moment to spot Loki casually laying down on one of the work tables... or perhaps not. No. He would likely have to nonchalantly gain Thor's attention by saying... hmm, maybe something like 'Well met, Thor Odinson' would do. With a little bit of heat so that Thor would recognize him as Loki.

Oh, and just how shocked would his brother be by that revelation? The fool would stand there. Oh yes. With his jaw dropped and his eyes so wide as to almost pop out of their sockets, of course! Loki could see it so perfectly in his mind's eye. Since Thor would be too dumbfounded to talk at that point, he should say something else. Something like, 'What is the matter, Thor? Did you really think that the mortals of Midgard were smart enough to figure any of this out on their own? Ha! And isn't it funny how easily your little friends came to depend on a power far greater than their own?' would do nicely.

By that point, Thor would likely have recovered enough to give him that confused, lost little puppy dog look of his. Loki would smirk at him, making sure to tilt his head just so for Thor to see Loki's bright green eyes and then taunt the other man further by saying, 'Your dear friends now consider me to be a loyal and dependable ally you know. They all but gave me the keys to their world. Gift wrapped no less! How fickle and fragile these Humans are. Isn't it just so kind of them, brother?' in a smug tone.

He'd turn over then, onto his stomach and bracing his chin in one hand as he smiled smugly in Thor's direction. From there, Thor would get upset. Of course, he would! His eyes would mist up with barely contained tears of either sorrow or frustration, maybe even a little bit of anger. Loki would then taunt him by saying, 'What are you going to do now, Thor? Hm? Try to tell them who I am? Ha! That won't work, and you know it. They won't believe you!' and enjoy laughing in his face! That would really anger the big Oaf. Enough to even make him yell, hmm, yes... he would bark out something along the lines of 'You shall free them of your spell now Loki!' in that 'I'm a big man, listen to me' voice of his all while accusing Loki of using Mind-control on his 'precious' friends.