The Avengers

Loki hadn't expected it, but he felt surprisingly good as he ventured out to the Bifrost to meet up with Heimdal. As expected, Heimdal saw Loki coming from a mile away and had moved to exit the gate-house to greet the re-instated Prince. He was waiting for Loki with a smirk curling his lips upwards.

"Afternoon, Heimdal," Loki said, greeting the All-seer with a smirk of his own.

"My Prince," Heimdal said, bowing his head.

"Bet you weren't expecting to see me here any time soon," Loki said with a small laugh. "At least, not like this."

"Very few beings within the Universe can surprise me, especially on a, let us say, frequent basis," Heimdal said with a rueful smile. "You are certainly something, my Prince, that I can say with surety."

"So, how'd I do?" Loki asked with a smirk.

"You're here now, are you not?" Heimdal asked with a faint smirk of his own. "You have your powers restored to you and, not only that, but the weapon that was forged for you as a babe has been properly bestowed upon you. The All-father must have felt you were ready to receive it."

"Oh, come on now," Loki said with a playful roll of his eyes, moving over to nudge the other man with his elbow. "You can tell me the truth. You didn't actually believe that I'd be able to do it, did you?"

"I can say that I neither believed nor disbelieved that this could happen," Heimdal said with a shake of his head. "I only observed what I could when I could. You are not like Thor. You are quite different from your brother. As you should be. As such, your opinion, your definition, of what it means to be 'worthy' is much, much different. That does not make it a better, or worse, opinion either. Merely that it is distinctive of you and your personality. Your way of navigating the Realms is, was, and will be, quite a fascinating thing to witness."

"And we haven't even reached the grand finale yet!" Loki said with a laugh, clapping his hand on Heimdal's shoulder. "Ah well, I imagine you know why I am here. I need to go to Midgard."

"Indeed," Heimdal nodded his head, clapping Loki on the shoulder in turn as he turned toward the gate room. "I shall open the way for you-"

"And I shall come with you!" a woman's voice called out loudly from behind them.

Loki spun around and found that a very familiar female had followed after him. A warrior maiden with long dark hair and blue-green eyes. Her posture as she walked over to them was stern and proud, and when she came to a stop in front of Loki, she crossed her arms and stared at him.

"Lady Sif!" Loki said with a wide grin, spreading his arms outwards in greeting. "To what do we owe the pleasure of your fine company this day?"

"I will be coming with you," she repeated in a firm tone that brokered no argument.

"Oh? I assume you are going to come along to 'make sure that I behave myself'?" Loki asked, his voice teasing. Sif just scowled back at him without answering, which in and of itself was an answer. He chuckled softly. "Well, then, you are welcome to join us. I believe I could use the help."

Before Sif could voice her confusion at his easy capitulation, his form began to shift. A few moments later, a man with brown hair and green eyes, darker sun tanned skin stood before her. His clothing changed and shifted back to the good quality outfit black outfit with its green silk shirt and fine waistcoat. He shifted and stretched a bit before grinning at Sif. She quirked an eyebrow at him.

"Was that not the mortal form you were made to wear?" she asked in a dry tone.

"Indeed!" Loki responded with a nod. "At the moment, only those on Asgard are aware that my powers have been returned to me. It would be both my best interests and everyone else's if Thanos and his minions continue to believe that I am yet powerless. It allows us, allows me, an element of surprise. We may need that in the end."