12

jealousy feeling or showing envy of someone or fiercely protective

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a week, you and Chaeyoung are having a very beautiful bond with each other, and thankfully your thighs are better and fully functioning.

Walking in hallways while you flick your hand fan in a good mood.

Every maid you see, guards, officials, or scholars, you always send them a genuine smile.

Because honestly you, yourself don't know what the reason behind your happiness.

As you look on the large land, you see different faces, birds tossing, trees, and flowers but her familiar face made the smile in your face grew wider.

But you froze in your state when you see someone approach her.

It is a guard, and you see him give Chaeyoung something and you are thinking it is a kind of gift.

You can hear Chaeyoung's soft giggle as she receives the said thing and bows her head over and over.

Biting your inner cheek as you clench your jaw.

"Is it her birthday?"

You whispered as you see a bunch of guards approached her and give her a bunch of gifts.

Out of your curiosity, you simply walk towards them, chin up while your hand fan made a closing sound, gaining their attention.

You can see the shock in their faces, but her face lit up and send you a smile, you just stare at her and looks at the guards again,

"What seems the occasion for giving her gifts??"

You ask seriously as you try to put a small smile on your face.

"She helps me a lot."

"She's kind."

But it drops when you heard the one guard's answer.

"나는 그녀가 좋아"

(I like her.)

The other guards cooed and you see them attack the guard who just confess with a teasing feedback, you look at her with a questioning look, she looks at you confused but shakes her head instantly.

"wHo said that?"

You ask politely and giggling, the guards parted a way for you and points to the one particular guy.

"What is your name?"

Asking calmly is the only thing you can do now.

"Chanyeol."

Nodding your head as you look at her again with a blank expression and look back at the guy.

"Does she even likes you?"

You ask while you glare at him matching it with a pity tone in your voice, you see him glance at Chaeyoung and you can see the guys' eyes are so hopeful, making you puke inside.

They stare at each other, you roll your eyes and open your hand fan again.

The General voice breaks their staring fucking contest.

But before the General can approach all of you, you decided to walk at a fast pace leaving them all behind.

...

Chaeyoungs POV

It's been hours since we saw Her Highness.

The guards are all over the palace searching for her, but they can't find her.

I am growing anxious thinking about bad things that might have happened to her.

When I heard one of the guards' voices announcing that they saw Her, I run as fast as I could where the voice came from.

And there I see her, she is completely fine, she has a large smile on her face while carrying a bunch of paper and paint.

"Did I made all of you worried?"

She asks and scratches the back of her head, giggling.

She bows her head making every people around her gasp and said "No's" and "It is fine".

"You can all go now and take a rest."

She declares and all of them do as she says.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"

General Lisa confronted her and in return, Her Highness just chuckle and walk past her.

And that where our eyes met.

I saw sadness in her eyes as   she sigh softly but smile at me genuinely.

"You can go home too."

She said and walk past me.

I turn around only to see her walking away with her things.

At some point, her action made my heartache.

...

Your POV

You put the papers and paints on your table and flop yourself up on the chair.

"Why did I carry all these shits."

You whisper as you un-ribbon your hanbok and undress irritatedly.

You let the other thin white fabric cover your body and decided to walk out of your chamber to head to the bathroom.

It is almost midnight and you still can't help to erase the image of that Chanyeol guy in your head.

"He made my blood boils."

You said and open the door harshly, you see the maids flinch, but look away when they saw you, they fill the large bathtub with warm water and White Jasmine petals.

You let them take their time, you walk towards the chair and watch them carefully.

You tap your fingers on the chair and let your eyes close for a while.

When suddenly you feel someone touches your upper chest, you shot your eyes wide open only to see the maid in front of you.

"Y-your Highness."

She kneels in front of you and bows.

"I-t's fine, it's one of your duty to undress me, but sometimes you need to let me know."

You stutter while you explain and discharge them, they both leave you alone and close the door.

Stripping your clothes off, you walk towards the enormous bathtub and the smell of White Jasmine calm your mind.

Soaking your whole body in the said tub while the flowers hide the rest, you lean your head on the edge of it and close your eyes lightly.

"I don't need to be jealous."

You utter while you inhale the aroma of the flower.

"Because there's no us."

You finished your sentence as you bathe your whole body inside the tub.

'it is just a one-sided feeling after all.'

.

.

.

.

Sad girl y/n