𝘁𝘄𝗼

AFTER THE RELEASE of drivers license, kaila and chris flew back out to london where they both co-payed and lived in a modern home (they both were rich enough individually). chris had to shoot a movie here, while kaila has several photo shoots for her modeling career. kaila turns eighteen at the end of the month, january 31st. chris said that he didn't want her to move out, but she really wanted to. in the uk, apparently seventeen is an age where you are basically free. but with her mental state, she decided to wait. five months ago, was a time she couldn't (and can't right now) ever think back on. she held back for too long, and when she finally built up the courage to confess her love to him, it was already too late.

it had been about four days since the two siblings landed in london, and right now kaila was at home alone while chris is shooting his new movie. she was quietly scrolling through instagram when she got a text from issie, whom she literally just talked to twenty minutes ago on facetime.

issie
hey! you're in london now so....
i say we go to our favorite coffee place!

kaila
yes pls 😫
i'll meet you in fifteen minutes!

with that, kaila left a note near the coat rack for chris, just in case he gets home early. then she got into her pristine, white audi and headed off to her ( and sadly his ) favorite coffee place in london.

• • •

kaila walked in and saw one of her favorite girls sat in an outdoor table at cafe pistou . issie's eyes brightened up once she saw kaila, embracing her in a warm hug. kaila met issie when she was shooting the movie enola holmes, which kaila played enola's sister who went with her on all of the adventures. and also where she met and fell in love with him.

"oh my i missed you so much, there's a lot to talk about," issie started. "and i'd keep those sunglasses on if i were you, people will bombard you now."

kaila lightly laughed, "i really hope they don't. boston was enough." issie cracked a smile at her comment, but didn't miss the sadness flash in her eyes and expression, so she just had to ask.

"so, um, i'm sorry you might not want to answer this, but are you doing okay? i seriously was scared to have you leave my side these last few months."

kaila never was one to take too long to answer something, she was always quick on her feet and her intelligence was always on the tip of her tongue. whether it was witty answers, or just in interviews, she always had an answer for everything. for this question, she couldn't answer right away.

"no, you're fine. i think after the song release, i've been doing better. i'm just so full of regret all the time," kaila sighed.

issie sighed a bit too, feeling bad for the girl who fell in love with her oblivious brother. issie preferred kaila over her, for being the girl for louis.

"i know this is kinda irrelevant but-"

"hello, i'm emmanuelle! i'll be your server today, would you like to have some tea or coffee?" the blonde haired waiter asked, he looked like he was happy. too happy for kaila, but he was older so kaila assumed he just forgets the bad things in life by outliving them by the good.

"two iced latte's please. large and vanilla" issie smiled to the older man, who wrote it down and dashed away to get the order. they got their coffee later on, sipping on happiness.