Chapter 5 - The Forgotten

As everyone laughs and enjoys themselves after their hard work, you sit together with Marco and Armin.

Marco: It's so good to finally relax. I didn't think we'd ever get to.

Armin: Yeah. It's too bad the other three couldn't join.

Yuna: Speaking of which, don't you think somethings off with them...?

Marco: What do you mean?

While everyone is engrossed in a lively chat, you voice your suspicions to Armin and Marco.

Armin: Maybe they wanted to spend time on their own?

Marco: You don't think they're fighting with anyone, do you?

Unsure, the three of you scan around and shake your heads.

Yuna: Who knows.

Marco: Oh well. I'm sure it's nothing serious. Maybe they just didn't feel up to it.

Armin: Yeah. After all, it has been a long week.

Thinking back, you remember the eager glimmer in Marcel's eyes disappear when Porco shot down the invitation.

After a while, the boys grow more uncontrolled so you decide to leave with the rest of the girls. Going back to the dorms, you sit with Annie on her bed while they gossip.

Hannah: Franz is so sweet! He helped me so much with my scores.

Mina: Marco was good too. Although, he didn't really seem too interested.

Puffing her cheeks out, Mina's attention turns to you and Annie.

Mina: What was your partner like Annie?

Annie: Useless.

Knowing the same question was coming for you next, you avoid making eye contact.

Hannah: How about you Yuna?

Mina: Yeah, what do ya' think of Marcel?

Yuna: He was great.

After your last conversation with Annie about Marcel, you worry spending time with him might upset her.

Not wanting to expand any further, you try to be as vague as possible. However, this only sparks the girl's interest more.

Mina: So what was spending all that time together like? Did you guys get to know each other any better?

Giving yourself away, your cheeks flush crimson when you think back to Marcel helping you do up your gear.

Yuna: I guess.

Mina: Tell us the details!

Yuna: About what...?

Hoping playing dumb would make them grow tired of the conversation, the situation only worsens for you when the opposite effect is had.

Hannah: Oh come on, it's not like you haven't noticed his persistence! It's clear he's interested in you. 

Mina: Yeah, he's quite attractive too. Don't you agree?

Embarrassed, you refuse to answer.

Yuna: Aish... stop reading too much into things..!