Chapter 21 - Unsurfaced Feelings

Marcel: I can't believe it. I never thought you'd do something like this.

Porco: Bro—

Marcel: Keep out of this. To think my own brother didn't even have the spine to tell me.

Pushing Porco to the side, there is no longer anything protecting you from Marcel's wraith.

Your heart trembles as his eyes pierce through you.

Marcel: I'm so disappointed in you. I never imagined things would come to this.

Yuna: Marcel, I didn't—

But as you go to touch his hand, he reefs it away.

Marcel: Don't touch me. Just give me his name. Is it Eren? Armin? Someone I don't know? Whoever it is, I'll kill him right now.

Although you know you're innocent, you're too frightened to even speak.

Marcel: Tell me who it is!!

Seeing Marcel's patience reach its limit, Porco steps in.

Porco: It's me.

Marcel: ...What did you say?

Porco: I said it's me; the guy everyone's talking about.

Lost for words, Marcel's eyes hollow. Luckily, it seems like Porco is getting somewhere.

Porco: She's telling the truth, it's nothing but bullshit. But it's up to you what you believe.

Marcel: Why didn't you say anything...?

Yuna: I didn't want to cause any more trouble...

Porco: Someone started spreading rumours when she joined my squad, suggesting infidelity made us fight.

Shocked, Marcel turns to you for confirmation. Realising he's made a huge mistake, Marcel holds his head.

Marcel: You're kidding...

Although he feels terrible, he can't help but thank god for the outcome.

As he turns back to you, you see the warmth return to his face.

Marcel: I'm so sorry...

Yuna: No, it was my fault—

Cutting you off, he tightly wraps you in his arms as you accept his apology.

Marcel: I got so upset when I heard you talking, I couldn't think. I'm sorry. I said scary things.

Seeing the pair of you back to normal, Porco's face softens.

However, when Marcel grabs him, it automatically returns to a scowl.

Marcel: And you, what the hell were you doing, huh?! This is what you get for picking on her!

Porco: Ack! Let go...!

Playfully putting him in a chokehold, Porco resistibly tries to break free.

Marcel: But do you really not know what that's code for, Yuna?

Yuna: Eh?

Marcel: Haven't you heard that's how a boy tells a girl he likes her?

Yuna: Huh?

Marcel: Guys always pick on the girl they're into. Isn't that right, Pok?

Porco: What the fuck are you saying?

Marcel: Hahaha. But it's just lucky it's you. Because if it were someone else, I'd have already buried them by now.

Porco: Marcel, don't say things like that out loud. If someone hears...