Chapter 12 - A Warrior's Responsibility

After another week, you're lucky enough to have your ankle healed right before an unexpected component. 

Connie: What the heck? I thought the mountain exercise was our last training.

Receiving the news over breakfast of commencing hand-to-hand combat sessions, everyone complains as you wait on the grounds.

Marco: Apparently this one doesn't actually count towards anything. 

Jean: Huh?! Then what the hell are we doing it for?

Marcel: I guess it's something we'll regularly be faced with, regardless of our future regiment.

Porco: How exciting.

Strangely enough, while Eren had recently grown even closer to Marcel after rescuing you, Porco and his brother seemed to possess a hostile atmosphere between them.

On top of that, Bertolt and Annie were acting quite distant from not only each other but everyone else.

Commander: Alright you worthless shits! Pair up and begin sparring!

Allowed to choose your own partners for the drill, Marcel automatically looks to you. But no sooner than he can speak does Porco step in between you. 

Marcel: Okay, well I'll go with—

Porco: I'll take Yuna.

Marcel: H-Huh?

Wearing a smug expression, Porco looks Marcel up and down.

Porco: That's no problem, right? Since you guys are always together.

Repelling his brother in front of everyone, Porco then turns to you.

Porco: Unless of course, you want to go with someone easier.

Although you know you shouldn't let his condescending tone get to you, your tolerance tweaks at his attempt to humiliate you.

Yuna: No, I'm fine with it.

Returning Porco's glare, Marcel is no longer able to do anything.

Eren: Alright, we can go together then.

Marcel: Yeah.

But when Marcel glances back at Porco, he notices a sinister glint in his eyes. 

Porco: Let's go.

Just before Porco turns his back, Marcel shoots him a warning intimation.

Watching Marcel and Eren follow after you and Porco, the others quietly speculate.

Jean: Hey, what's the go with that? I thought those two hated each other.

Connie: Beats me.

Marco: Maybe Galliard wants to start over?

Sasha: It's not friendliness.

Marco: E-Eh?

Confused, they watch Sasha as she wittingly explains.