Chapter 9 - Stay With Me

A few days later, you're home alone cleaning and doing other housework while Eren and Armin are out running errands. Despite being invited to go with them, you decided you'd rather stay home.

Folding the laundry, you sort the clothes into who it belongs to. When your fingers come across a long while shirt, your attention is pricked.

Holding it up, you closely inspect it.

Yuna: I wondered where this went.

Caressing the fabric with your thumb, you're overcome with a sense of nostalgia.

Carefully folding it, you place it in your pile before continuing on with the rest.

Once putting away both yours and Armin's bundles, you pick up Eren's when you hear a strange sound.

Yuna: Are they back already?

You stop, listening for the noise. But as the thumping is heard again, it's clear someone's knocking.

Quickly making it to the door, you then remember Eren warning you to never open the door to someone you didn't know.

Yuna: Who is it...?

Hearing no response, your curiosity gets the better of you. Assuming it's simply Eren playing tricks, you swing open the door.

Yuna: Eren, you could at least answer—

However, your voice trails off the second your eyes recognise someone else.

Tightly hugging Eren's clothes, you meekly speak to the person standing before you.

Yuna: Marcel?

Marcel: Yo. Sorry, I didn't mean to surprise you. I was just passing by and thought I'd come say hi.

Still shocked he's made it to your door, you blankly stare at him.

Marcel: Did I catch you at a bad time?

Yuna: Uh, no. Sorry, I was just wondering how you knew where we lived?

Marcel: Ah, Eren gave me the address before he left the other day.

Cussing Eren in your mind, you force yourself to put up a welcoming front despite your uneasiness.

Yuna: Well, Eren and Armin aren't here at the moment, but you can come in if you want.

Marcel: Eh? So you're home alone?

Yuna: Yeah... Why?

Marcel: Why'd you answer the door without knowing who it was?

Yuna: Oh, that's...

As Marcel steps inside, your heart sinks. You can only guess how irresponsible he thinks you are.

Along with this, you were still quite on edge over the turn of events last time you saw each other. Struggling with the expectations of being a host, you do your best to make conversation and act natural.

Yuna: Bertolt and Galliard aren't with you?

Marcel: Ah, they had a few other things to do themselves.

Yuna: I see...

But as your mind wanders back to Porco, Marcel notices you become even more tense.