Golden Glare

sigh100

(Blanche's POV)

A small smile spread across my face as Rose let out a quiet, innocent laugh, while I took another sip of my drink. The Barista had kept giving us sly glances, eyeing us in a very judgemental way. I chose to ignore him and focus on Rose instead, staring at her beautiful face formed so perfectly with age, her hair so perfectly curled, her eyes glowing in the bright light that pierced through the window. Her smile shines brightly amongst all the people who sat there, staring down at their phones and talking obnoxiously loud. I was brought out of my train of thoughts by the Barista approaching us, with an obviously fake smile over his lips. He had his notepad in his left hand, a pen in the other.

"Can I get you ladies anything?" He said impatiently. Rose smiled back at him, oblivious to his obvious sarcasm. I gave him a cold stare in return. She eyed the menu feeling satisfied with what she had chosen.

"Ummm.... I'll take a coffee, please." He nodded in response, the fake smile glued to his face. I just nodded, mumbling 'same' before turning back to Rose. As she spoke, he just nodded in response, writing down everything she said. His facial expression stayed neutral, although the look in his eyes spoke loudly, saying, 'are you done'. He nodded before turning away and making his way back to the counter. A man, possibly in his early thirties, stared at us, before turning back with a wide smirk. I became quite aware of him in a matter of seconds.

Finally, the Barista arrived back at our table, to cups of coffee on a tray he held with one hand. He placed the drinks down in front of us, walking away right after. Rose, filled with utter joy and innocence, took a small sip from her coffee, burning her top lip in the process. She whined as the pain struck through her upper lip. I laughed along beside her, but was soon cut off by the strange man from before. He laughed, speaking in a barely audible voice, "stupid!" I eyed him before quickly turning my gaze to Rose, who had tears slowly falling down her cheeks, staining then a pale pink. Anger began to boil in my blood, my eyes landing on him in an instant. He had a proud smirk on his face, staring at her as she quietly sobbed. I rose from my seat, making my way toward him, and staring down at him. He stood from his seat as well, almost being the same height as me.

"Don't you know any manners?" I asked, anger clear in my voice. He smirked back at me, responding in a mocking tone,

"Don't you know that patience is key?" he said, referring to Rose, who had previously burnt her lip. I glared at him with a piercing, blood-cold gaze.

"Maybe you should mind your business!" I said, gritting my teeth.

"Maybe you should control your idiot." he said, his friend, who sat across from his with a coffee in hand, laughing along with him. My eyes darkened as I moved my face toward him, not speaking above a whisper.

"Maybe you should get your skinny ass out of her before I throw you out myself." He laughed at my response, moving back and smiling, his hand on his waist.

"And what are you going to do? You are too old to even pick me up, your back would probably cave in." He had an almost undetectable nervousness in his voice. Almost. I smirked back at him, my eyes giving of a murderous glare at him.

"Are you sure about that?" I responded. He moved back nervously before walking back over to his friend, giving me one last glare, before leaving the cafe. I smiled, satisfied.

I then turned back to Rose, who stood in shock, and pulled her into a wide hug. She had stopped crying to stare at the strange encounter I had with the young adult, who acted more like a young teenager. The Barista walked toward us, an annoyed expression on his face. "You two need to leave. You have caused too much of a disruption to the other customers." My eyes searched the room, noticing that all eyes were on us. Some judgemental people glaring at us and others of shook people gawking at us. From then on we left for home, going through the chaotic day we had just been through. 

Thank you for reading this and thank you to sigh100 for suggesting this story. I'm not sure if i have gotten the characters right but I hope you like it. Have a nice day.

Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें