♡︎10♡︎

"Here she comes." Nemuri pointed at the door and a girl with pink skin and short pink hair and horns carried a bag big enough to hold ten soccer balls. That was all makeup? "She's a little chatty, by the way." 

The door swung open, and the girl and her big bag came through it. She looked about my age. "Hello!" the girl said as she approached. "I almost got lost even though I've been here before and Saitama is tiny. For some reason, I just thought you were past Fifth instead of Fourth and I was so turned around that I thought I was going to miss our time. I sent out a flyer and we should be packed this morning. I'm so excited! Where should I set up? That counter looks good. I'll just unload there. You have a backed stool like we talked about, right?"

A little chatty? She must've spoken at the rate of five hundred words a minute. She looked at me. "You must be Y/N. I'm Mina. Oh, look at you, you left yourself completely blank for me, no false lashes or anything. And I even get to shape your eyebrows? This is going to be great." She stepped closer and studied my face. "You have the perfect skin and bone structure for this. We are going to sell lots of makeup today. 

Did she have to breathe like the rest of us? Because I didn't hear a single breath during her speech. Deep-sea divers could train themselves to hold their breath for seven minutes at a time. Were Olympic-caliber talkers the same way?

Nemuri laughed like she was very amused with Mina. 
"So we have about thirty minutes before the class starts. If we move some of these racks of clothes off to the side, we could set up some chairs here in the middle. Did the chairs get delivered? I called yesterday to make sure they were set to arrive this morning, but I don't see them."

"They're in the back," Nemuri said.

"I'll start bringing them out." I needed a break. She was exhausting. 

"Thank you so much. I'll get the makeup ready." 

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

We weren't even five minutes into the class and I knew I never wanted to do it again. She was explaining to the group how to properly pluck eyebrows, and my face was raw from the pain. So far I had managed to keep from actually screaming out loud, but I wasn't sure if I could keep that up. My nose itched and my eyes watered. 

"Y/N already has a very nicely shaped eyebrow, so we won't get carried away. Just a little cleaning up."

I wondered what a lot of cleaning up would feel like. I went into the zone, completely shutting out everything around me. My brain went through basketball plays, and my shoulders immediately relaxed. Five more weeks until camp, when I was sure my dad would let me quit this job. It just wouldn't be practical to keep it when I had to leave for a week and then start school right when I got back. He'd see the logic. Plus, by then, I'd have. . .I did the math in my head and knew I wouldn't have quite enough to cover my tickets. Still, he'd let me off. He had to. 

It was hard to tell how much time passed. I guess I could've counted Mina's words and figured it out that way. She hadn't stopped talking the entire time. But at one point she stepped to the side and said, "And that is a daytime look with the Max line."

A couple of people said, "Ooh," and I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. 

"Next week we'll showcase the evening look. There are order forms in your booklet, and please feel free to ask me any questions. Most of the products I have in stock. I'll also be setting up a display here in Bazaar, in case you can't buy all the things you have on your list today."