♡︎36♡︎

"I will still kill you in football," I said, looking down where he lay in my lap as if he never wanted to move.

"What? I don't get boyfriend perks?"

Hearing him say the word boyfriend made my heart burst with joy. Then I immediately felt guilty for being this happy when I'd just found out about my mom. I stared at the cloudless sky.

"Is this too weird? Too fast?"

I took his hand in mine. "No." He was my happiness right now. I wasn't going to give it up.

He reached up and traced a line between my brows, and I wondered if I was scowling.

"I just feel guilty."

"Because of your mom?"

I nodded. "I feel like I should be in mourning or something."

"Y/N, you've been in mourning for ten years."

"True." The sunlight touched the tips of his ash-blonde hair, and his crimson eyes looked a brighter ruby red today.

He gave me a smug, lazy smile. "What?"

"We kissed."

He chuckled and sat up, moving behind me. He wrapped me up from behind, pulling me back against his chest. "Am I a better kisser than Awase?"

"Hmmm. . ."

He let out an indignant grunt.

"Is this a competition?"

"Absolutely."

This time I laughed and twisted around, pressing my lips to his. "Yes, Katsuki, you win." He was an amazing kisser.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

The day had turned to dusk when we walked back to my house, kicking the soccer ball back and forth between us as we went.

"So. . ."

He quirked an eyebrow at me. "What?"

"Are you going to tell my family about us, or am I?"

"Probably better than you do. I already have one black eye."

"Funny. . . wait, you didn't think my brothers would hit you, do you?"

"I hope not."

Now I was scared. Katsuki was right; this was different than just some random guy I met. This was Katsuki. He was practically part of the family. I knew how much pressure that put on us. I knew my brothers and father would understand that as well.

Katsuki studied my face. "Oh, great. You're terrified. If you're scared, how am I supposed to feel?"

"I already told you to stop reading me."

"I can read you because I know you better."

"In your dreams."

"Yes, you've been there, too."

I backhanded him across the stomach, but couldn't help but smile.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

When we walked into the house with a foot of space between us, my dad looked up from the game he was watching- an NBA classic.