♡︎17♡︎

A/N: Sorry for not uploading in a week I had my cousins wedding last sunday and the last minute setups and planning the day before it. This week my parents went out on vacation leaving me to babysit my two little brothers for the entire week and this weekend we had 4th of July festivities with family who was visiting for the wedding. This week I SHOULD be able to be back on track. I'm so sorry once again but I hope yall are enjoying the book! :)❤

It was midnight. I didn't think Awase would call at midnight, but I sat at my desk in my room staring at my phone anyway. I should've gotten his number so I didn't have to give up all the control like this. I rubbed my eyes, now makeup-free, and wondered if Shoto still would've asked for my number if he could see me now: sweats, tangled hair, tired eyes, and all. 

My phone chimed and I gasped. 

Katsuki💥🧡
12:04 A.M.

Katsuki💥🧡
Are you up? 
Read @ 12:04 A.M.

My arms tingled with goosebumps and I rubbed them.

You

Yes.

Read @ 12:05 A.M.

I switched off my lamp, silently accusing myself of leaving it on for Katsuki in the first place, then made my way outside.

"Where were you all day today?" Katuski grumbled from the other side of the fence.

"I had to work." If I wanted to tell anyone about my makeup sessions, it was Katsuki- but I didn't want to tell anyone.

"All day?"

"I went out afterward."

"You did?" The surprise in his voice made me realize he thought I meant on a date.

"No, with some girls," I said quickly.

"You did?" He sounded even more surprised.

I laughed. "Yes. And it was weird."

"How so?"

"Well, I thought maybe they wouldn't like me, but they did."

"Why wouldn't they like you?"

"Because I don't know anything about shopping or hair or whatever." 

He laughed. "And you think that's all girls like to do?"

"I don't know. Maybe I thought that's what normal girls liked." I didn't have a frame of reference.

"What do you mean by 'normal girls'?"

"Girls that aren't in sports. The only girls I've ever hung out with are a lot like me. Big and burly," I added to lighten the mood that suddenly seemed heavier than I wanted it to. 

"You are not big or burly, Y/N. You're tall and strong. There's a big difference. And maybe you're the normal one and those girls are un-normal." 

I laughed at that as I thought of Mina- the pinnacle of every guy's dream. "Whatever. It doesn't bother me. It was just how I felt today. Weird." But not necessarily bad. I actually liked Mina, and maybe that was weird too. "What about you? What did you do today?"

"Watched an NBA classic."

"Ugh. I hate watching those."

"I know."