♡︎16♡︎

We sat in the corner booth of a cafe, drinking iced drinks and talking. Well, Mina, the Olympic talker was doing most of the alking, but I was surprisingly entertained. And not just because a Shiketsu game was playing on the television mounted in the corner. We talked about the last books we'd read and the subjects at school we struggled in (math for me). I was actually able to contribute to those conversations. So maybe they weren't much different from my teammates and me. Then we moved on to boys. 

"I swear all they think about is food and sex," Ochaco said. 

I laughed. "No. That's not true. I have three brothers. They actually do have other thoughts." 

"Like what?"

"Like everything. My brother Denki took ten minutes to call a girl the other day."

"Why?"

"Because he was overanalyzing it and was insecure. And my brother Eijiro uses humor to cover how he really feels. And Sero, he worries about everything."

Mina smiled. "Awesome. Y/N gets to be the Guy Interpreter now."

"Yeah, I'm not sure I'm ready for a title or anything."

"And speaking of guys that need interpreting. I can no longer ignore that table," Mina said. 

"I know," Ochaco said, "they are totally staring."

"I thought we were just pretending they didn't exist," Toru added. 

"Who? What?" I asked.

They laughed. "Those guys," Mina said.

"Okay, they realized we noticed them," Ochaco said. "I give them two minutes before they walk over here."

"Two minutes is kind of generous," Toru said.

I still hadn't looked. What if they were friends with my brothers?

"See, I told you," Toru said. 

This time I looked and saw a guy walking our way. He grabbed a chair by the back on his way and slid it across the tile floor until it rested in front of our table. Then he sat down. I didn't know him. This made me happy.

"Can I help you?" Mina said, cool and professional. 

"We wondered if you ladies wanted to join us."

"Sorry, girl time," Mina said. "Which obviously means girls only."

I wondered if Mina and the others had guys hit on them like this all the time. It was a first for me to be on the receiving end of this exchange, and I found it amusing. I held back a laugh and waited to hear what line he'd deliver. I could probably give him some pointers. My brothers were experts. Right now he was playing the Eiji of our group. Eiji could never hold himself back. He had to jump in with both feet, even though Sero and Katsuki would tell him to play it cool for a while. 

I wondered who this guy was interested in. Probably Mina. She was the prettiest, kinda like a Barbie doll....but with alien features- the short, curled pink hair, black eyes with the gold pupils, perfect teeth, that pink skin. Or maybe Ochaco; she had the most beautiful hair and the cute rosy cheeks. 

He folded his arms across his chest. "Oh, I see how it is. You should've hung up a sign that said 'No boys allowed.'"

I gave a little laugh. He shouldn't have pulled out the injured-ego play so early. It was not endearing. What he should've done was said something like, I can hold my own in a girls' club, try me. Maybe my title should've been Moderator instead of Interpreter. I decided to help him out because it was obvious he needed it. And he was pretty cute, just a little clueless.