Chapter Seventeen-Alexandria

Five days. That's how much time I had until I had to marry Laithen, and I wasn't succeeding in breaking off the wedding. I needed to act up, and fast. When morning came, I got dressed in my usual leather tunic black tights and combat boots, but today I put my hair in a braid. "You never dress fancy, do you?" Asked Aaron. I shrugged and said, "I do when I have to".

I ate breakfast with everyone, but when we were finished, father said one of the worst things he could possibly say. "Alexandria, why don't you spend some quality time with Laithen? And I mean just the two of you, nobody else" he said. Laithen made a devious smile and said, "yes, I would love to spend time with Alexandria, alone". I groaned.

"Why don't you go horseback riding? You seem to enjoy that" said mother. "Fine" I said, heading towards the stables. Aaron gave me a look of sympathy, and I smiled back at him. It was going to be a long day. Laithen and I got on our horses and rode around outside the kingdom.

"You never ware dresses. You should be trying to look beautiful for me. When your my wife, I'll never let you dress like you usually do again" said Laithen. "Well, it's a good thing that I'm never going to be your wife" I said. Laithen laughed. "We're getting married in five days. Don't be stupid" he said. "Yeah, and I'm going to do all I can to stop this wedding" I responded.

Anger grew in his expression. "You are going to be my wife rather you like it or not" he said. I didn't respond. After about an hour or two of riding, Laithen said, "we should sit down and have lunch together. I have food, and I would love to have my first meal with you, my love". He chuckled. "I'm not very hungry" I said. "Well, I am and I'm going to be the king so I say we sit down and eat our food" he said. He got off of his horse. I groaned and got off of mine.

He set up a picnic and began eating his food. I barely touched mine. Instead, I stood up and got out the crossbow that I brought with me. I aimed it at a duck that was flying by. I was about to shoot, until Laithen said, "put that down and eat your lunch!" I didn't bother to argue, so I tossed my crossbow on the ground and sat down.

"I still don't like you sharing a room with that boy" said Laithen. "He's my personal guard, and he has a name" I said, eating a slice of bread. "Yeah, well let's hope it doesn't get any more personal than just a guard" he said. "Look, Aaron and I aren't a thing, ok? Just shut it and eat your food" I said. "I see the way he looks at you. But if he even tries to touch you, I'll have him killed" said Laithen. "He's just my friend!" I yelled.

Laithen laughed. "It better stay that way, I don't want my lovely little fiancé running off with another man" he said. I ignored him. I took an apple, and than a knife and began to cut it. "Yeah, I see the way you look at him too. You can't fool me" said Laithen. Anger filled me. But suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my finger. I gasped, realizing that I had cut myself with the knife. Blood dripped down my finger, than down my hand. I hated blood.

"Aw, now look what you did" said Laithen. Than, I had an idea. I had to make Laithen afraid to marry me. So I licked off the blood, all of it, right in front of his face. He made a disgusted look. "Why did you do that?!" He yelled. "I don't know, why did I?" I said, licking the blood from my lips. I thought it was working, until it happened. "Hey, let me help you with that" said Laithen. Then, he leaned over and kissed me.

I gasped and moved away from him. He laughed, but then his expression grew angry. "Your going to be my wife" he said, "I can kiss you whenever I want". He pulled me over to him and kissed me again. I tried to pull myself away, but he gripped my waste. He then pulled away and began to laugh.

I picked up my crossbow, got on my horse and rode away. As I rode, I could still hear Laithen's taunting laughs. I rode towards the castle, and as I did, I broke down in tears. I couldn't stop them from coming. They streamed down my face. When I got to the castle, I put my horse back in the stables and ran to my room. I cried as I ran. Then, I locked myself in my room.

I sat in a corner and cried my eyes out. Then, the shadows covered the floor. I could hear their whispers, but I could care less. I cried for hours, until I heard a knock on my door. "Alexandria?" The voice said. It was Aaron. The shadows disappeared. I wiped my eyes and walked to the door. I opened it to see Aaron and Ryia at my door. "Hey, we didn't even know you were back until a few minuets ago" said Ryia. I wiped my eyes and said, "I've been here for hours".

"Are you....crying?" Asked Aaron. I didn't respond. "Are you alright Alexandria? You know you can tell me anything" said Ryia. I paused for a minuet. I looked at Ryia and Aaron over and over again. Then finally, I broke down crying, again. I told them what happened as I sobbed my heart out. They tried to calm me down, but I couldn't stop crying.

After telling them the story, Ryia said, "alright Alexandria. I'm going to fix this". She waltzed out of my room. I tried to stop crying, but I couldn't. Aaron put his hand on my face, and I cried on his shoulder. I sat there crying for a while. Finally, I stopped crying. I wiped away my tears. "I'm sorry Aaron. I'm such a baby, I shouldn't be wining about my sob stories" I said.

"It's ok to break down once in a while" Aaron said. I looked up at him and smiled. "Alright, we should see what Ryia is up too. I don't know what she's doing, but it seems like trouble" said Aaron. I nodded. He helped me up, and we walked down the hallway together. When we reached the throne room, I almost died in shock. Ryia was there, beating the ever living hell out of Laithen.