Chapter Twenty Five-Alexandria

I woke up in a cell and once more, with my head on Aaron's lap. "Hey, your awake!" He said. I sat up and asked, "what happened?" "Well, after you got knocked out, Simon locked us up" Aaron said. I groaned and rubbed my head. "Is Ryia ok?" I asked. "I think so. He's not going to kill her, he wants to marry her" Aaron said. "Marry her?" I asked. Aaron nodded. I sighed and stood up.

"I can warp us out of here and we can find Ryia and Leo" I said. "The cell is charmed. You can't use your shadow magic in here" Aaron said. I tried anyway, but it didn't work. "Damn" I said under my breath. I sat next to Aaron and sighed. "I've failed miserably" I said. "No you didn't. Without you, we'd probably still be lost in the forsaken forest" said Aaron. I smiled and said, "I guess".

"We're going to get out of here, I promise" he said. "We should try escaping tomorrow. I think we both need rest" I said. "That's the thing Alexandria....we don't have tomorrow. Simon has planned to have is executed at the crack of dawn" Aaron said. "What? He can't!" I said. Aaron sighed. "I bet Ryia will put up a good fight, but I doubt he'll listen" he said.

I hugged my knees and rested my head. What was I supposed to do now. "We're going to die" I said under my breath. "Don't talk like that" Aaron said, "no matter what, I'm going to make sure that at least you get out of here safely. My duty is to protect you, and that's what I'm going to do". I looked at Aaron and said, "I'm not going anywhere without you". "Alexandria, if you have the chance to escape, I want you to take that chance" he said.

"No! Not without you!" I insisted. He sighed and said, "your going to keep arguing with me, aren't you?" "Until the end" I responded. He laughed and said, "I can't put up a good fight like Laithen does". I groaned and said, "it's possible that I'm going to die tomorrow. Please, never let me hear that name again". He laughed. "But I'm not letting you die, remember? I'm your protector" Aaron said. I smiled and said, "thanks, Aaron".

He still looked as gorgeous as he did the first day I saw him. After all that had happened, he didn't have a scratch on his face, and his hair swooped perfectly like it always did. "I'll lay down my life for you, you know" he said. I looked away from him. "I don't deserve to know so,some as great as you, Aaron" I said. He laughed and said, "trust me, theirs a lot better than me".

I looked at him again and said, "but you see, that's not what I think. Your one of a kind". I smiled. He stared at me for a while. After a few minuets, I started to feel odd. But suddenly, it happened. He leaned over and kissed me. I was shocked at first, so I kept my eyes wide open. But after a few seconds, I closed them. He slowly pulled away and said, "I think I love you, Alexandria". I bit my lip and said, "I think I love you too". He kissed me again.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered. "What do you mean?" He asked. "My parents can't find out, and certainly not Laithen" I said. "Well then, I guess we'll have to keep it a secret" he said smiling. "If we live" I said. He frowned and said, "your going to live. I promise. Don't say things like that. I will lay my life down for you". He kissed me again. "But....I don't want to live knowing that you died for me. Knowing that their was nothing I could do" I said.

He hugged me, and I rested my head on his chest. "It'll turn out ok" he promised. After he said that, I fell asleep, warm in his arms.