Chapter Twenty One-Alexandria

"SHUT UP!" I screamed. Ever since we left, Rowen, Terrin, Leo, Aaron and Laithen have been arguing nonstop, and on top of that, after about two hours after we left, Laithen got us lost. Everyone looked at me, startled. "Look, you've been arguing nonstop this entire time, and on top of that, we're lost. I don't think we should be yelling at each other anymore" I said.

"Yeah, all because of Laithen!" Terrin yelled. "It's not my fault you guys are fighting!" Laithen yelled back. "Yeah,me it its your fault we're lost! We'll never find Ryia in time, she could be dead for all we know!" Leo said. "Stop!" I yelled. Everyone went silent. "First of all, does anyone know where we are?" I asked. We were in a dark forest, and for some reason I felt like evil lurked through the shadows.

"It looks as if we are in the forsaken woods. We should be careful, many dark creatures live in these woods. Why did you lead us here, Laithen?" Said Aaron. "Oh, your just mister know it all aren't you?" Laithen spat. "Well, he's smarter than you, since you led us into the forsaken forest" said Rowen. Laithen groaned and said, "it's not my fault".

Before anyone else could argue, I said, "we should find our way out of here. Then we can worry about getting to Verrine". Everyone finally agreed with me. Aaron stayed at my side the entire time, protecting me from all harm. But suddenly, an ebony black bird came flying down, strait towards me. I pulled out my bow and shot it. It fell to the ground and withered into shadows. It was huge.

"Wow, some protector you are, Aaron. You should have killed that bird for her. I don't think a dead fiancé will do me any good" said Laithen. Aaron put his head down in shame. I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "don't listen to him, Aaron. He doesn't know anything". Aaron smiled great fully. "You know, for some reason, I don't think you'd really care if she'd die" said Terrin.

"Ridiculous! Of course I care, I need her to become king! I can't get to the throne without her!" Said Laithen. "Ha! You finally admitted it! I knew you only cared about the throne. You couldn't care less about Alexandria!" Said Rowen. "That's....partially true" Laithen admitted. I looked away from him. Why did I feel so down? I knew he didn't love me, and I didn't care, for I hated him. But why did I have the feeling in my gut of despair?

Then I realized why. Laithen's job in life was to make people feel down about themselves. Make them feel like they didn't matter. And that's exactly what he did to me. But why did I let him get to me so easily? No, I couldn't let him. I wouldn't. So I changed the subject and said, "maybe I can warp us out of here".

"Can you warp us to Verrine" asked Leo. "I...I don't know" I said. Leo nodded and said, "it's alright. As long as you can get us out of this forest, we'll be ok". I smiled. "Ok, everyone take hands and make a circle" I said. We all took hands and formed a large circle. Then, I concentrated on getting out of the forest. I thought of Ryia. I didn't think I could warp to Verrine, but maybe I could warp to Ryia. So I thought of her, and only her.

Shadows surrounded us. They disappeared after a minuet, and we were in front of a large, black shadowy castle. Then suddenly, I fell off of my horse and passed out.