Chapter Twenty-Ryia

When I woke up my head was spinning. I had no clue where I was all I knew is that I had been abducted. "Hello! Where am I?" I yelled into the darkness that had surrounded me. "Why you're finally awake, fae princess" a young male voice said. "Who are you and what do you want!?" I asked trying to pinpoint where his voice was comming from.

"What do any of us want?" the voice sounded. "Look dude I can't see a thing so if you could light a candle or something" I asked hoping for at least a little light. "Oh, I'm afraid if you want any light you will have to produce it yourself. Come on show me your flames" the voice said seeming to be closer this time.

"How about this I'll light up the room if you tell me your name" I bartered. "Hmm all right I'm Simon. Now show me your flames" Simon said urging me. I took a deep breathe and then held my hand out palm up. 'Fire' I thought and then the flames sprouted up and swirled around in a sphere. I looked up to see a chandelier with fresh candles in each hanging candle holder. I pictured the each candle brightened with light.

Under the candle's soft glow I could see that there was a large bed that had a soft, plush cream blanket and two long cream pillows with three black through pillows. The floors were covered with black carpet and a small cream vanity table was set next to a black wardrobe. I looked around to find a large black door on oppisite side of the room from the bed.

"So, do you like your new room fae princess?" Simon asked from behind me. I spun around to see a young man who looked in his late teens or early twenties. His hair was black as shadows, his eyes were like the color of storm clouds, and his skin was nearly skeleton white. He wore a black suit and a mischevious smile as he walked nearer to me.

"Who are you and why did you take me here?" I questioned backing up a few steps. "I am King Simon of the verrines" he said still walking towards me. "Wait you are king of the verrines, the original shadow weilders?" I asked hopping I'd heard wrong. "That's right and you are here to become my wife." he said smiling as he looked me up and down.

"Ah, how about no" I said giving my head a small shake. "I am afraid it's not your choice, fae princess" Simon said. "Stop calling me fae princess, I'm not a pricess!" I exclaimed. "Oh, but you are. One you are the most suitable heir of the immortal fae queen Auzura, and two you are daughter of the king and queen of Talahan" Simon pointed out with a smile spreading across his face.

"Why do want me as your bride anyway?" I asked trying to conince him to give up. "It's because the verrine and fae have been in constant feud for the last six centuries. You are the only one to ever be born with the same powers as the fae queen. So if you birth my children they will likely have the power of verrines and fae making them the best warriors my kingdom has ever seen".

I didn't like where this was headed. "Yeah I'm sorry but no I will not marry you. So if you'll please show me the exit that would be great" I said. "You will soon change your mind fae princess, you see the only way out of this room is shadow warp so after a while of only seeing me you'll find fighting is pointless" Simon whispered in my ear "goodnight, love" he chuckled and disapeared into the shadows. I hoped help would find me, and soon.