TWELVE

And this is when the good stuff goes down

As Fitz's party was winding down, Sophie found herself sitting alone in the living room, staring out the windows. Everyone else was probably chit-chatting up a storm in the kitchen, but Sophie just felt like relaxing for a little bit before she went back home.

"Hey,"

Sophie whipped around and saw Keefe walking into the living room. He was holding two cups of lemonade.

"Do you want some lemonade?" He asked, sitting down on the cushion next to her.

Sophie smiled, taking one of the cups. "Always," She took a sip of the drink and let out a pleased sigh. When she looked up, she saw Keefe smiling sweetly at her.

"So," She said, clearing her throat. "Are you ready to head back to school, or...?"

Keefe nodded. "A little bit. I mean, I'll always like being home, but I also like feeling free to do whatever I want."

"Understandable," Sophie said, taking another sip of her lemonade. "Thank you for getting me this by the way," She laughed as she took a third sip.

"Well, if I'm being honest," Keefe said, his cheeks turning slightly pink. "There's a reason I got it for you."

"Oh?" Sophie said, blinking. "What?"

"I wanted to talk to you," He said. "About the last time I was here. I thought lemonade was a good excuse to come talk to you."

If Sophie wasn't so focused on his first sentence, she may've laughed. But now her mind was going into overdrive with millions of possibilities.

"I've been thinking about everything you said—in fact, it's all that I've been thinking about," He laughed nervously again. "I know how I felt, but I couldn't find a way to tell you because I was so shocked."

Sophie took in a breath, preparing herself for what he was going to say next.

"I really like you Foster," Keefe said with the sweetest most heart-warming smile. "In fact, I more than like you."

Sophie's heart exploded with tons of happy and cheerful emotions causing her eyes to start getting watery. "Really?"

Keefe nodded. "I've liked you since, well, day one. But I had kind of figured you liked Fitz because everyone likes Fitz when they meet him." He gave her a knowing smile, causing her to blush red. "I didn't want to confuse you, and then you guys started dating. I still really liked you, but I wanted you both to be happy."

"What about after we broke-up?" Sophie asked. "That was around the time I started liking you. Well, maybe a little before that."

Keefe smirked. "Well, right after you broke-up, I obviously wasn't about to swoop in and tell you how I felt." He laughed. "Then, a little bit after, I was starting to doubt how I felt because I was scared you didn't feel the same way. I kind of ended up convincing myself that there was no way we could be together because I literally live across the country. So, when you told me you liked me—"

"You were shocked because you'd been so convinced—you didn't see it coming," Sophie finished, nodding. "I get it—and I'm really sorry I was so pushy."

Keefe shook head, grabbing her hands. "Don't be sorry. In fact, I'm glad you were." He wrapped his arms around her, and Sophie did the same. "Thank you,"

Sophie breathed in a satisfied breath, smelling the citrus smell of his clothes and hair. "So, does this mean—?"

"I mean yeah, definitely," Keefe sputtered out quickly. "Well, if you really want to, then—"