first day

y/b/f = your boyfriend y/n/n = your nickname y/l/n = your last name

the elevator dings as i anxiously paced and bit the inside of my cheek. this will be my first day at the nine nine.

the elevator doors swiftly opened and i stepped out.  I was greeted by a short man. he reached for my hand and shook it while widely grinning.

"im Charles Boyle" he says.

"hi, im y/n" I said while smiling slightly while still biting the inside of my cheek.

"come on, let me introduce you to the sarge!" Charles says while leading me to the middle of the bullpen.

"y/n?" i hear across the precinct.

"Amy?" i said while smiling. she rushed over and hugged me.

"hey Ames" I said while hugging her back.

"what are you doing here?" Amy questioned.

"I transferred here! you're a sergeant now?" i asked happily.

"yeah." she stated proudly.

I sarcastically rolled my eyes and smirk.

"Jake get over here" Amy calls.

"y/n/n? what's up?" Jake says excitedly.

Jake and Amy had been dating for almost a year an a half now, they are pretty cute together.

"come on let me introduce you to everyone." Amy says while snatching me away from Jake.

i smirked back at Jake and let Amy lead me to where the rest of the squad is. Amy points at a tall, strong man.

"that's Terry. he likes yogurt." my brows furrow.

"noted.." i state.

Amy continues her introductions,

"that's Hitchcock and scully. they're.. they're them." she says with a disgusted look on her face while pointing at two men dipping strawberries in a nacho cheese fountain. i crack a slight smile at the look of Amy's face.

"that's Gina. she mostly just sits there on her phone."

"what up?" gina says while looking you up and down. i gave small laugh and waved a little.

"moving on..." that's rosa. she's scary but she'll warm up to you." Amy continues.

she has curly black hair and a intrigued expression. i lock eyes with her and my heart flutters a little bit. she nods slightly and i quickly turned my head back to Amy hoping that rosa didn't notice the eye contact we just shared. I cringed at myself.

"where's the c/o?" i asked quickly.

"he's on a phone call right now. he will call you into his office for a meeting later. let's go set up your desk now, I have a binder just for this!" she grins happily.

i rolled my eyes while smiling and out of the corner of my eye i noticed rosa staring at me. i looked away quickly so I didn't have more eye contact. I hate eye contact.

"ah yes, detectives, this is the new transfer. y/n y/l/n. welcome to the nine nine. im captain holt." the captain says.

I nodded and wondered if rosa is still looking at me. I decided not to check. Amy led me back to my desk and helped me set it up. while Amy was checking over my desk making sure it followed her protocol captain holt called me in to his office.

i walked over there nervously and shut the door behind me when I entered his office.

"I've been looking over your files. very impressive." he states in a monotone voice.