defense down

y/n's pov

once again I was woken up to the sound of my alarm.

dammit

I sat up in my bed, rubbed my eyes and groaned. I dragged myself out of the covers to get ready and eventually i got in my car and drove to work.

the elevator doors opened and the first thing I saw when I walked through the doors was rosa sitting at my desk. my heart felt like it had just thrown up.

I exited the elevator and made my way to my desk while saying hi to the squad.

"hey, rosa," I say while yawning. "why are you at my desk?"

"call me Diaz only." she said visible mad.

"sorry Diaz," I replied in a playful tone, half-joking, not knowing if she was being serious or not.

she gave me the meanest look I have ever seen.

okay, she's not joking.

"my computers not working. sit somewhere else." she replied angrily.

why was she being such a bitch all the sudden

"is everything okay?" I ask, clearly concerned about her.

"dammit y/l/n, do you know how to back the fuck off?" she yells in response.

"dude what's your problem?" I asked.

"go find another desk." rosa said sternly.

I looked at rosa showing my concern and walked away. I could see in her eyes that she felt bad, so why was she being like this?

I decided to sit at a spare desk near the back of the bullpen. I would ask Amy if rosa was okay later.

I put my stuff down at the desk I was sitting at and I was filled with embarrassment and sadness. was I annoying her this much?

a couple minutes later while my mind was still racing my thoughts were cut off.

"briefing now!" Terry called out to the squad.

I bit the inside of my cheek walked a couple feet behind the rest of the squad. I was the last to enter the briefing room and I slowly sat in my chair next to rosa's without saying a word.

I could feel her eyes glaring in to the back of my head. I didn't even have to look at her to know she was death staring me.

"y/l/n and Diaz, I want you guys casing a jewelry store that was broken in to last night." holt said in his usual monotone voice.

good. I can figure out what is going on with her.

I looked at rosa and she was clearly very upset. I felt so awful.

Terry dismissed us and while I watched rosa go sit back down at my desk and Amy came up behind me and pulled me aside.

"did something happen between you and rosa? did you guys get in a fight?" Amy asked.

"I have no idea. the last time I talked to her yesterday we seemed cool, I could not tell you what she's mad at me about. is she being normal to the rest of the squad?" I responded to Amy.

"yes.." she said looking at me

"did she tell anyone why she was upset with me?" I asked, covering my sad tone.

"no, yesterday you guys were so close, she acted like she had known you for years. you were even on a first name basis! I don't think you realize how hard it is to get rosa to warm up to someone new." Amy said rubbing my arm with her hand.