straight?

rosa's POV (anything that is in italics is her thoughts)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring. I begrudgingly sat up and stretched. 

I looked next to me at the spot where my boyfriend, Marcus was sleeping. I smiled to myself which felt dumb but I couldn't help it.

I rolled out of bed and headed to the bathroom. I started getting ready and Marcus came up behind me and hugged me. 

"good morning beautiful" he said with a smile on his face.

"morning" I say while rolling my eyes and putting my hands on his.

for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about the new detective, y/n.

it was no secret that she was stunning but usually when I think people are hot I think about it once and forget it.

"what time do you have to get to work" Marcus asked while combing through my hair with his fingers.

he was so romantic. it was gross but I loved him.

"8:00. I'll probably leave at 7:45."

"ok baby." Marcus said while leaving the bathroom.

I still couldn't get y/n out of my head. 

anyone can admire someone of the same sex's beauty without being gay.

I've always found girls pretty but that's something that every girl does. I'm not gay.

I finished getting ready, grabbed my leather jacket and headed for the door. Marcus rushed up behind me and kissed me.

"bye," I say flatly.

I exited my apartment building and hopped on my motorcycle. I put on my helmet and drove to the precinct.

I entered through the elevator doors and looked out at the bullpen.

Jake and y/n were sitting at y/n's desk and finishing up some paperwork from their bust yesterday. 

Amy was talking with Terry, presumably about morale which is all they talk about anymore now that Amy is a Sargent. 

Hitchcock and Scully were in the kitchen making burritos in the microwave and holt was in his office.

I walked over to my desk trying hard not to stare at y/n.

why can't I stop looking at her.

I plopped down in my desk chair and turned on my computer. 

dammit, it won't turn on.

I could feel my self getting angrier as I hit the side of my computer multiple times

I had finally had it so I picked up the computer and threw it on the ground.

I started hitting it with the baton I had tucked in my pants.

while I was in my fit of rage I looked up to see y/n looking at me while stifling a laugh.

I looked right at her, still mad, and she rolled her eyes sarcastically and laughed while getting back to work.

I felt my heart jump.

usually the newbies are afraid of that. the squad must have prepared her.

I sat back down at my desk and grabbed the computer from the desk touching mine.

no one sat there.

"squad time for briefing!" Terry yelled.

while I was walking to the briefing room y/n's shoulder brushed against mine. I looked back at her and she apologized. I watched her as she walked up to captain holt.