tactical village

y/n's pov

"alright squad, today we are going to be participating in this years tactical village event. last time Jake set the course record. since then it had been beaten. let's try to win this thing again. Nine nine!!" Terry chants.

"nine nine!" the squad calls back.

"so y/n, are you excited to be playing this year?"  Amy asked while her, Charles, and Jake gathered around the desk rosa and I were at in the briefing room.

"not sure." I replied blankly.

"god you're the worst." rosa said to me with a slight smile.

I looked back at her and gave her an eye roll followed by a small smirk.

"come on y/n it will be so much fun! I got even got coolest kill last year!" Jake called out.

"didn't you just buy a children's karate trophy?" Boyle asked while recalling the memory. 

"Charles.." Jake groaned under his breath.

"I bet y/n could actually win coolest kill this year." rosa said to Jake.

a compliment. I wish she would just make up her mind on if she's going to hate me or not. these cues are getting really hard to follow.

"oh oh oh, is that a bet y/n?" Jake asked with a mischievous grin.

"sure. what are the stakes?" I asked while leaning forward in my chair a little bit.

Jake thought for a moment before belting out, "got it! if you win I will do all your paperwork and you can pick any case I'm working on right now and take it over."

the group exclaimed.

"jakie no! you're working that cool double murder on Chester street! that case is going to have so much media attention!" Charles pleaded.

"fine. what's my end on the bargain." I asked while standing up out of my seat.

"if I win you have to sit by Hitchcock and scully for a month and I get the new detective car you're getting soon." Jake finished.

"deal." I replied.

the group around us cheered.

rosa's pov

while the squad was loading on the bus we were taking to this years tactical village, gina, y/n, and I were all standing near the entrance of the bus. 

I was praying that gina didn't say anything to y/n about the conversation we had in the evidence locker.

gina may have been right about my feelings for y/n, maybe, im not sure yet, but I was not going to let her ruin me and y/n's friendship. 

yeah. we are friends.

"so y/n, I heard you made a bet with peralta," gina said with a smug look. I did not like where this was going.

"yeah. im going to win." y/n said confidently while pulling her hair in to a ponytail.

I watched as she gracefully pulled her hair out of her face and tied it with the hair tie she constantly kept around her wrist. my heart started beating a little faster while I tried to ignore her lifting her arms above her head to finish her ponytail, exposing her stomach a little bit.

I gulped.

"oh my god, I have an idea! you should team up with rosa I bet she would help you!" gina said while looking at me with a cheeky look on her face.

I watched as y/n hesitated a little bit before speaking, "I mean if you want to rosa." she said while turning to me.

"dope. sounds fun." I said 

gina turned to me grinning and I realized what I had just done.

"hurry up guys, we are waiting!" Jake called out to us while sticking his head out a window on the bus.

"coming!" y/n replied while leaving our group and walking on to the bus.

I glared at gina.

"jumped on that opportunity a little quick, huh?" gina asked while smiling.

"shut up gina. I told you I wasn't talking about this.

"talking about what?" Charles asked while sticking his head out of a bus window.

"yeah, talking about what?" Jake asked while also sticking his head out a bus window.

"nothing. now butt out." I said with an annoyed tone.

I walked away from gina and got on the bus where everyone was waiting. gina waved at me and I gave her a stern look in return.

I got on the bus and watched as y/n motioned me over to where she was siting, far away from the rest of the squad. I walked over to her and sat on the seat next to her. we talked for a little bit, mostly about how we were going to win coolest kill.

we decided on a strategy to use and talked for a while longer while Charles walked over to where me and y/n were sitting.

"what do you want Boyle." I questioned, pissed off the he interpreted me and y/n's conversation.

"I couldn't help but notice you two were talking a lot." Charles said with a high pitched voice and a curios look on his face.

shit does Charles know about my feelings for y/n too

"what do you need Charles." y/n replied with her guard up.

"I know what you two are doing." he said while pausing after.

my heart skipped a beat. fear filled my entire body.

Charles continued, "you two are figuring out how to beat Jake."

I let out a small sigh of relief while shifting my eyes towards y/n who's eyes were already fixated on me. she turned her head.

"yeah we are. we already have a plan, id tell Jake to give up now if I were you." y/n sniped back at Boyle.

"oh yeah, cool cool cool.." Charles' voice trailed off as he walked back to his seat on the bus.

"I can't wait to win." y/n said while turning back to me.

I looked back at her and locked eyes.

I admired her eyes and softly said, "yeah me too."

a/n

sorry this part is so short, thank you so much for 100 reads!!

<3