shaw's

y/n pov

as much as I would rather not go to work today I have to. I lugged myself out of bed, got ready fairly quickly and got in my car and headed to work.

I was in a little bit of a rush as I was late. I finally got to the precinct and got in the elevator. as the elevator doors closed, rosa stuck her arm in the elevator causing the doors to open again and got in with me.

this should be fun

"hey Diaz." I said not looking at her.

in return she gave me a mean look and ignored me. I rolled my eyes.

one long and quiet elevator ride late the doors opened and we stepped in to the bullpen. i walked to my desk and rosa sat down at hers, still Ignoring me.

a couple minutes later Terry called the squad in for a briefing as he does every morning. I sat at my spot next to rosa and received yet another glare from her. I just simply turned my head. I think it annoyed her that I didn't mind the glare.

"y/l/n and peralta, i want you down at sixth avenue patrolling." Terry commanded.

"seriously sarge? that so boring!" Jake whined.

I laughed a little while looking at Jake. out of the corner of my eye I noticed rosa looking at me again. this wasn't a glare though, more of a soft expression.

weird.

Terry finished up his briefing and I headed to my desk to grab my stuff then got in the elevator with Jake.

"ugh. I hate patrolling so much, why couldn't we have gotten a murder or at least a B+E?" Jake continued complaining.

"I'm tired today anyways, maybe it's for the best." I said while yawning. 

"no. it's not for the best it for the worst!" Jake said while throwing his arms in the air and storming out of the elevator.

I followed after him and got in his detective car. I don't have a detective car yet but Terry said i'd probably have one within the next month. I didn't mind riding with people for the time being.

once Jake and I reached 6th avenue he parked the car near the busiest part of 6th.

"now we just sit here and wait for someone to speed?" I asked sarcastically. 

"or we could wait for a hostage situation, or a robbery, or a murder.." Jake said while staring off in to space.

"want me to grab us coffee or something?" I asked. 

"sure, I'll wait here for something interesting to happen. I'm gonna be waiting for a long time." Jake said, still moping.

I scoffed a little bit and got out of the car. I decided to grab coffee from the local coffee shop close to the car. I walked in to the the coffee shop and looked through the window.

"Jake, we have a situation at the coffee shop, get over here." I said in to my walkie-talkie.

I could hear him cheer from the car, "yes!"

Jake came up beside me and looked through the window I was standing by. 

"oh my god." Jake said in a low voice "so cool!" he shouted.

"keep it down peralta." I said under my breath

"oh year, sorry" he said through a smile. 

through the window of the coffee shop you could see bodies all over the floor. customers, cashiers, and a couple of children. the people looked to be alive.