tactical village part 2

y/n's pov

trigger warning for implications of a toxic relationship and abuse. please please do not read this story if it contains something that may trigger you. stay safe loves <3

rosa and I got off the bus and walked in to the building we were performing our drill in with the rest of the squad. rosa was being odd today. not a lot weirder than usual but she got super mad at gina about something when I got on the bus and she got super weird and tense when Charles came up to us. i'd figure it out later.

right now I had to focus. I needed to win coolest kill. rosa and I already had a plan to win, lets just hope that that goes well. losing my detective car wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but sitting next to Hitchcock and scully definitely is.

the squad walked in to the drill building and started talking with some other precincts that were there.

"y/n?" I hear from across the room. 

"Stevie, hi!" I say while walking up to Stevie while he wrapped me in a tight hug.

peralta comes up behind us, "wait y/n, you know Stevie shillings?"

"Jakey p!" Stevie calls out to Jake.

"my man!" Jake replies before hugging Stevie.

"how do you know y/n?" Jake questions while pointing back at me.

"I started out at his precinct." I interjected.

Stevie high fives me while rosa walks over to us with a mean look on her face.

"y/n and I actually have to go we need to work out our plan-" she starts before getting cut off.

"that's right! Stevie, y/n and I are competing to see who will win coolest kill. we have a bet and not to brag but I'm gonna win." Jake finishes.

"not true." I say with a condescending smile on my face. rosa seems desperate for me to leave this conversation. I have no idea why.

"I'm placing bets on y/n to win." Amy says while walking over and patting Jake on the shoulder.

he looked back at her with an offended look on his face.

"no offense Jake but y/n was undercover, she know how to do this stuff." Amy consoles.

unpleasant memories from my time undercover start to fill my head while all other sounds slowly drown out. my breathing changes while my mind is still racing.

rosa elbows me and wakes me up from my trance. "dude." 

"oh yeah?" I ask, slightly embarrassed.

"were you listing at all?" Amy stated with a confused look.

"no sorry, what were you saying?" I laughed nervously while asking.

"the drill is starting soon we need to go." rosa says while motioning me to follow her.

I walk closely after her and follow her to the side of the room.

"the drill doesn't start for another 15 minutes, what do you mean?" I ask, puzzled.

"I dont like that Stevie dude. he's always given me bad vibes." she says in a monotone voice.

this comment was so weird. Stevie was the nicest dude I've ever met.

"what? he's so nice," I ask while looking back to him.

"I don't know. he's just weird. anyways, now that you're here lets go over our plan one more time."