the vulture

y/n's pov

I walked into the bullpen in the morning and sat down at my desk while drinking the tea from my cup.

"morning Diaz," I said while smiling.

she gave me a nod in return and I playfully rolled my eyes. I set my cup down on my desk and turned on my computer. 

today wasn't a busy day. only a couple perps in the holding cell and no new cases assigned. I got to work on some paperwork I should have done yesterday while Diaz slammed her mouse on the desk multiple times.

"everything okay Diaz?" I raised an eyebrow at her while smirking

she was still acting pretty distant but she'd get used to me soon enough.

"this stupid thing won't work." she said almost yelling through closed teeth while slamming the mouse against her desk once more.

"ugh, let me look at it." I said while standing up and walking to her desk. 

I bent over the desk right next to her while gina eyed us from a couple desks away. 

i clicked a couple keys on the keyboard and figured out what was wrong with it.

"there, fixed." I said while smiling sarcastically at her.

"hmm. thanks." she said impressed.

I got up, left my desk and went to the evidence locker to grab something I had checked out earlier.

rosa's pov

I watched as y/n walked off to god knows where. gina rolled her chair up to my desk.

"sooooo... things are going good with the new girlfrie-" she faked a cough.

"oop sorry I met desk-mate."

I felt my self get angry. I grabbed gina's wrist and dragged her off the the evidence room not knowing that y/n was behind one of the selves looking for some piece of evidence.

y/n's pov

I heard someone enter the evidence room while I was digging for an old file. I could hear rosa yelling and decided to listen in on what she was upset about. 

I couldn't help it, I was nosy.

"gina for the last time I am straight, I have a boyfriend, and I am not into y/n like that. we are friends. that's it." I overheard rosa scolding to gina.

I instantly regretted sticking around to listen in on their conversation but there was no way out.

"dude just admit it, it took you four years to admit we were friends and she's already your bestie after less than two weeks, she's definitely in to you anyways." gina testified.

it took a second to process what gina had just said. 

she thinks I'm in to Diaz? am I?

I peeked through a gap in the shelf I was hiding behind so I could watch gina and rosa talk.

rosa paused for a moment. I could tell she was getting angry. angrier than usual. Diaz let out a small sigh and surprisingly kept her composure.

"gina I'm pretty sure she has a boyfriend anyways but just for you, what would it take to convince you that I do not like y/n." rosa said through gritted teeth.

"hmmmm.. hows abouts you stop smiling at her, stop acting like you've known her for years, and stop standing or sitting like three inches away from her. I've know you for so long and I know that's exactly what you do when you have a crush."