the murder

trigger warning for a kind of gruesome scene and murder.

rosa's pov:

I just agreed to take a double murder with y/n. thank god gina wasn't around to hear. I acted like a bitch about this case but I actually wanted to take it.

I just work best with y/n. I don't know what it is. maybe the fact that she doesn't small talk. or her laugh, or her smile, or her jokes, or her-

"Diaz! let's go!" y/n called.

"oh yeah. coming!" I replied quickly.

I got in the elevator with y/n. we were going to check out the scene of the case she just won from Jake. she smiled at me as I stepped In the elevator and pressed the button.

I found out a while ago that I liked her.

I sound like a high schooler.

I really, really like her. this is all new territory for me. I figured out just recently that I was bi but liking a girl is new to me. y/n is straight though so this "crush" should pass soon.

hopefully.

I'm not sure what is in about y/n. my heart jumps every time she's in the same room as me. I feel like an idiot.

I decided just now that I don't care about my co-workers thinking my friendship with y/n is weird. gina still gets on my nerves with her inquires, though she isn't wrong. not that i'd ever tell her that.

"Diaz-" y/n started.

"you can call me rosa." I cut her off.

she smiled at me.

"finally." she said.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"anyways," she continued, "you've read the file right?"

"obviously." I said looking at her with furrowed brows.

"so you saw that nothing was stolen so this was most likely a crime of passion right?"

"no I didn't notice that." I said while grabbing the file out of y/n's hand.

while i reached for the file my hand lightly grazed her arm. my cheeks turned a bright red as I turned away quickly so y/n didn't notice.

"look at this photo, wallet.." y/n pointed to the wallet left on the counter in the photo. "keys.. oh! look, and just a bundle of cash."

the elevator doors opened and we headed to my detective car.

"okay, so where are we headed?" I asked buckling my seat belt.

"1243 Chester street." y/n said while laughing a little bit.

"dumb street name." I responded flatly.

"right?" y/n said while looking at me and smiling. I smiled back.

we talked for the length of the car ride until we reached the house of the murder.

"woah." y/n said after opening the door and seeing two bodies on the floor.

"did you not look at the photos?" I asked with a confused look.

"yeah I did but its so much cooler seeing it in person." she said beaming.

"you remind me or Jake sometimes, y/n." I said smiling back at her.

she let out a gasp and gave me a fake offended look. I rolled my eyes back at her playfully.

"two victims, both died of gunshots, one to the the chest, one to the abdomen. lets start sweeping the scene." y/n said, putting on a pair of gloves. I did the same.