the murder part 2

y/n's pov

my heart was still racing after the scene that just happened with rosa. I was less than two inches away from her face, I pray to god that rosa didn't noticed the bright red that danced across my cheeks. I cringed heavily at myself, knowing that she definitely did.
i walked towards the main room of the house we were investigating in and leaned against the counter, partly looking for clues, partly trying to slow my heart race. i have no idea why i feel like this but it would be really convenient if it would pause for right now.
i checked the time and noticed it was about time for my break. i picked myself up from off the counter, took of my gloves, and brushed the bottom of my shirt.
i tugged at the neckline uncomfortably, i really did not want to have to face rosa after i blushed that much.
one again i was cringing at myself.
"y/l/n! it's our break!"
i turned back to the voice that called me and met rosa's eyes. i averted my gaze and nodded while she walked towards me.
she stood beside me closely examining my face.
i turned a furious red and she scoffed at me.
"you good, y/n/n?"
holy shit, she said y/n/n
this only made me blush harder as i turned my head to hide my face.
"yeah, yeah, just uh-" i trailed off.
rosa's lips turned upwards as she was stifling a laugh.
god why am i staring at her lips?
i elbowed her in the stomach and we walked out of the house at a steady pace.
"where do you want to go for lunch?" i asked while kicking a rock on the sidewalk in-front of me.
"i'm fine with anywhere." rosa said while turning to me and once again, studying my face closely.
i was really not looking forward to blushing a third time but just as before my face lit up pink.
i laughed awkwardly and quickly drew my hand to the back of my neck while biting the inside of my cheek.
"oh yeah, sorry, we could go to the new diner near here." i suggested.
"sounds good." rosa replied while smiling at the look on my face.
rosa's pov:
y/n has been blushing non-stop at me today. this girl is going to be the death of me.
i sat down in the seat of my detective car and watched as y/n gently opened the car door and sat down at the seat opposite from me. she pulled both of her legs up and positioned herself so she was sitting criss-cross in the chair.
i felt a smile creep over my face as i laughed slightly at the stupidity of this.
"what are you doing?" i asked still smiling hard.
"what? it's more comfortable." y/n said smiling back at me.

a/n
i am so sorry that this chapter is so short and i'm also so sorry that i have not released a new one in a while. i have been so busy with finals and my personal life but now i am on summer break so you can expect some new chapters :)