23. The Trek to the World Cup

THIS IS PART 1 OF 2 TO A DOUBLE UPDATE, MEANING THERE'S ANOTHER CHAPTER RIGHT AFTER THIS ONE! ENJOY!

Song for this chapter ~ Man on the Moon by Zella Day

Calista's POV

"Calista, do you mind coming down for a moment?" Sirius now shouted from downstairs, as I now put down the treats I had just been feeding Athena. I let out a sigh as I stood up, making my way out of my bedroom and down the hall of the second floor of Grimmauld Place.

As I neared the top of the staircase, I began to hear the low mutterings of a couple of voices I recognized. Instantly thinking I must be hearing things, I quickly rushed down the stairs and into the dining room where they were coming from.

My eyes went wide in shock as I entered, now taking notice of the two men with vibrant red hair who stood before me—George and his father.

The excitement overtook me as I immediately ran up to George, embracing him tightly with my arms around his neck as he lifted me up off the ground. I couldn't possibly describe how I felt at this moment. Not only was I surprised to see him two weeks earlier than I had expected, but the fact that he now stood inside Grimmauld place was all very confusing to me.

"School only starts for another two weeks. What're you doing here?" I asked perplexedly as he put me back on the ground.

"I know...I wanted it to be a surprise," he said, grinning at me widely as both his father and Sirius stood there listening in. "Dad's got us all tickets to the Quidditch World Cup."

If I already wasn't excited enough that George had shown up, I now most certainly was at the mention of the World Championship. Still completely confused as to how he had planned this all out without me knowing, I turned to Sirius who began to explain.

"Arthur wrote to me a couple weeks back asking if it was alright to come by floo and surprise you just this once."

I continued to stand in shock with a huge smile on my face, just the same as George. "So when is it?" I asked eagerly.

"Tomorrow, actually," George replied, grinning.

"I told him that it was last minute, but he insisted on surprising you like this," Mr.Weasley spoke up, beaming.

"You should start getting your belongings, seeing as I suspect you'll want to accept the Weasley's invitation to stay at theirs for the rest of summer," Sirius spoke to me. I looked at him guiltily, before he continued. "Don't worry, I've been meaning to get some things done around here that I haven't had the time to do since the start of summer."

I smiled, still feeling bad that I would be leaving him to be alone again. Although Lupin did visit every once in a while, I couldn't imagine being all alone in such a place after he had been isolated for the past twelve years of his life. However, something in the expression he now gave made me think that he'd be happier if I did try to enjoy the last bit of summer with George and the others.

"I guess I'll start to gather my things then," I said, smiling at him before nodding my head at George to follow me upstairs—however before he managed to take more than a few steps with me, Sirius interrupted.

"I'm sure George won't mind waiting down here while you pack," he raised a brow at George whose face now began to turn red.

"Yes, sir," he mumbled before going to stand next to his father. I giggled to myself at his embarrassment before rushing back upstairs to begin packing.

As I reached the top of the stairs, not looking where I was going as I was too excited to pay any notice, I bumped into a short and unpleasant being, one whose presence I wouldn't miss once I left Grimmauld Place.