4. Divination Class

Song for this chapter ~ Starboy by The Weeknd

The first half week of classes had been for the most part, normal. There hadn't been any further news on the whereabouts of Black, nor did the Dementors seem to be causing any form of harm or trouble to the students.

    However, as it would turn out, almost every class I had this year was scheduled to be with the Gryffindors—which meant George Weasley would have more time to spend teasing me. Little things like winking or smirking at me from across the class, stretching out his arms so that his button-up shirt would rise just enough so I could see his toned midriff, revealing his v-line. Although I had no proof of these things being intentional, the more bothersome I became by his actions, the more he increased the frequency of them. I just knew nothing pleased George more than teasing me.

    Before my thoughts could wander off any further, I was interrupted by Autumn, who had now gotten up from the table we sat at in The Great Hall.

"Let's go." She said rolling her eyes. "Divination starts in ten minutes. " As she began to walk away, I quickly gathered my belongings and headed towards my first Divination class.

Upon entering the room, most students had already taken their seats at the round tables, which were covered in long, red drapes. Upon looking, Wood was seated with the two girls who I had been shortly introduced to on the train. Sitting at the table behind them, were George, Fred and Lee. As I scanned the room to find an empty table, the only one left was the one situated at the middle of the class, right in front of the table where Adrian, Harrison, and Spencer now sat. Autumn, oblivious to the situation, began to make her way towards the table as she smiled back at Adrian who gave her a quick wink and a boyish smile.

That stung.

As I attempted to avoid looking at him, I sat down quickly, my back facing him now as I peered at the front of the classroom where the professor had already begun to speak.

    "Welcome to Divination," she said. "How nice to see you in the physical world at last." The professor said in a spacey trance. "My name is Professor Trelawney. You may not have seen me before. I find that descending too often into the hustle and bustle of the main school, clouds my Inner Eye."

As my mind already began to wander into boredom, distant muttering could be heard from where George and his friends sat. Professor Trelawney continued to speak, although I'm quite sure she could hear them.

"So you may have chosen to study Divination, the most difficult of all magical arts. I must warn you at the outset that if you do not have the Sight, there is very little I will be able to teach you. Books can take you only so far in this field."

    As my mind continued to wander into a more mischievous way, I snuck a glance at George, who was now leaning far back in his chair, his long legs lying out in front of him, and his arms in a crossed position as he played with the ring on his middle finger. His serious gaze as he concentrated on what the professor was saying caught me off guard as I was accustomed to his chaotic disposition. I looked away, realizing that I had probably been staring too long, because once again, Fred had quickly looked up and seen me peaking a glance at his twin.

"We will be covering the basic methods of Divination this year. The first term will be devoted to reading the tea leaves. Next term we shall progress to palmistry. By the way, my dear,' she shot suddenly turning towards me, "beware a red-haired man."

My cheeks instantly became flush at her words, as I was now looking as far away as I could from George, in an attempt to conceal my blush from him.

No one in the classroom seemed to pay much attention to this comment, as she now began to walk away from me, continuing her lecture—that is, besides the corner of the classroom where George sat with his friends. Lee, who I had learned wasn't very good at keeping to himself, began to let out a snarky laugh as he and the rest of his friends turned to George.