Stalker

You never think these types of things can happen to you, you just shake your head when you hear about it, glad it wasn't your name in the paper. It hasn't really sunk in yet, but I can almost say without a doubt that I'm pretty sure I'm being stalked. I keep receiving pictures of places I regular, with something, or more likely someone in it. I decided to call Gannyn. Three painfully long rings later he picked up.

"What's up?" He greeted after the line finally clicked.

"Hey. I got another picture from that weird number. This time it was Kelly's lecture hall."

"Yeah? So?"

"The chalkboard had the same writing on it from today's lecture. I think some creep is following me."

"Who'd waste their time stalking you?"

"Yeah, real funny, asshole. I'm being serious!" I began to anxiously tap a free finger on my leg while slightly bouncing a foot off the gas pedal. Nervous energy and whatnot.

"I'm not. Might just be someone playing a prank on you."

"There was a person sitting at Kelly's desk, they were dressed in all black and had some kind of... Mask. I think. Either that or they just don't get much sun." I mumbled while I looked around, glancing through the passenger window feeling slightly paranoid.

"Ya know, it might be Jed Olsen, yeah could be. He likes to do this kind of stuff. He's got this creepy white and black mask, and he loves to prank call people."

"I don't think it's him. The photos I'm getting are from someone without a phone number, plus I've heard what Olsen's is, so it isn't him."

"I don't freakin' know. If you keep getting pictures, call me back. I gotta get back to business."

"Alright... See ya later." I sighed and hung up, then drove back to my house. I got out of my truck and went back inside, immediately being greeted by Nahla jumping on me and trying desperately to lick my face.

I shooed her away and dropped onto the couch, fishing the laptop out of my backpack and booting it up.

An idea popped into my head. That app, 'Mal0.' Could that be the culprit? The messages started around the same time the app appeared.

Whipping out my phone with vigor I swiped through pages of information, finally spotting the app's status.

Uninstall unsuccessful.

It didn't work. Trying again and again didn't work either, the button just ignored me like it was frozen. It was frustrating me to the point that something was about to be thrown at a wall before something surfaced in my memory. The description of the app.

Mal0 is an exciting and interactive experience that will keep you engaged and intrigued. The anxiety of social situations can be nerve-racking, but after just a few hours of Mal0 you will soon forget all about those painful emotions of disappointment. Be part of the new craze that is quickly becoming the next social substitute. You'll never feel alone again.

You'll never feel alone again.

'You'll never feel alone again.'

The whole thing is some kind of sick joke? Did some moron create that app just to make people feel unsafe in their own homes? Why would they even do this, what do they get from it? Do they use a GPS or something to find people, then follow them? Maybe it's all some sick plot to kidnap people, then sell them on the Black Market.

I got up and looked out the window. Nothing unusual. Forget homework, my liver is at stake. Opening the search-engine I punched in several different queries, hoping to bring up some article, obituary, conspiracy theory, something.