Wolfish Appetite

This whole ordeal was kind of strange. I downloaded an app on my phone, hoping to not be such a lonely bastard, I get sent photos with some weird wolf-human hybrid thing in them, then the very thing comes into my home and eats my noodles. Now that very same thing was inside my phone, talking to me through my earbuds.

"You have a lot of music in here."

"Yeah, I listen to music all the time, and it would be boring listening to the same songs all the time, so I have a pretty big playlist."

"Don't your teachers get mad at you for listening to music?"

"They don't care about me, so they don't care about me listening to music."

I pulled into the campus parking lot and parked my truck, then got out and headed to the lecture hall. When I walked in a few people looked to the door, saw me, glared at me, then returned to what they were doing.

"They don't seem to like you."

"Wait, you can see them?"

"I see eeeeverything." She dragged her words while trying for a spooky voice.

"Oh-kay, not creepy at all." Mal just laughed.

I sat down at my desk in the back row and just relaxed for a minute. I looked around. No one was sitting near me. If I was quiet, I could probably ask a few more questions.

"Mal?"

"What?"

"What does SCP stand for?" I whispered to her.

"Secure, Contain, Protect. It's the Foundation's motto. Each thing they contain gets classified as an SCP and gets a number designation, and sometimes a nickname from the employees. I got called the Killer App."

"Why the Killer App?"

"For my appearance first and foremost, at least that's my best guess. Plus, the fact that some people who downloaded my app killed themselves from the paranoia of seeing me in every reflection. Guess I'm not the friendliest looking."

"Oh... If it means anything, I don't think you really look like a monster one bit. You look a bit unsettling at the very most."

"Uh... Thanks?"

"Well your face is a skull."

"Fair enough."

"So you said you were locked up in the Foundation, right? How long were you there? Did you see what else was there? And what did they do there?"

"A few years, at least. Maybe... Seven? I never saw many of the other SCP's, but I knew a bit about two of them. One, SCP-049, he looked like a plague doctor from back in the fourteen hundreds. Constantly went on about this thing he called "the pestilence." Claimed pretty much everyone had it, and he was just trying to find the cure. If he touched you though, you'd be a mindless slave to him, kinda like a zombie. Methinks the pestilence is just free will. The other one was this stone statue, SCP-173. It's this weird stone sculpture with a face spray-painted on it, but if you even blink in its presence, it'll move at lightning speed and snap your neck. Nasty little guy. The people at the Foundation liked to run tests and experiment on us. Anytime they did an experiment with a possibility of death, they'd just send in this thing called a D-Class personnel."

"What's a D-Class?"

"D for disposable. D-Class personnel are convicts on death-row. They get sent to the Foundation, and if they work there for a certain amount of time, they get a pardon. Most of them don't leave alive, though."