Getting Most Of It Out

Throbbing pain and a ringing in my ears was all I could feel. My eyelids were heavy and my limbs were like lead. I struggled to open my eyes and sit up, and immediately laid back down as the throbbing intensified. I raised a hand up to my face only to be met with some kind of material covering most of my face.

"Ugh... What the hell?"

I craned my neck and scanned my surroundings seeing I was in my living room on my couch, the blanket from my bed covering me, and apparently the pillow too. I threw the blanket off of me and slowly sat up, the throbbing intensifying slightly less than before at a somewhat bearable level.

Nahla laid next to the couch, sprawled out and softly snoring. I stood up slowly, feeling dizzy as I made my way to the bathroom. As soon as I saw myself in the mirror I knew I was going to get a lot of questions.

Bandages were scattered all over my face, covering the damage from the fight. My left eye had a black eye forming under it, probably from when the man had me pinned. I leaned against the sink and noticed my hands were lightly wrapped in bandages too. I curiously started unwrapping one hand to check the damage. A deep gash went across my palm, still fresh. I rewrapped the bandage and started removing some of the smaller ones on my face, keeping one on the bridge of my nose covering a welt from the brick's impact. Several small cuts and bruises were now on full-show. I stared at my reflection in the mirror.

"How far would they have gone if Mal wasn't there? Jeez... I'd probably be dead if it weren't for her..."

I scooped up the bandages and tossed them into a garbage can, then turned and left the bathroom.

"Mal! Where are you?" I called out as I rubbed one of my many bruises, before looking up and noticing a tall and muscular woman with short blonde hair. We stared at each other for a moment while the fact that a random woman was in my house sunk in.

"Who the hell are you and why are you in my house?!" I asked, trying not to look nervous.

"Took you long enough to wake up, Gannyn was thinking you were in a coma. What happened to your bandages?"

"That doesn't matter! Who the hell are you?!"

"I'm Meghan Walker, Gannyn's girlfriend. And I had to carry you into your house, as well as stop your bleeding after he got your S.O.S. text. Can you remember?"

An S.O.S. text? The last thing I can recall is dropping my keys into the snow, and then I woke up on the couch with a very intimidating woman in my home. I had a suspicion of what really happened, so for now the best thing to do would be to go along with it.

"The S.O.S.? Uh- right! Right, yeah, I'm sorry about that Meghan. I don't remember much from after this happened." I said as I pointed at my face. "I don't know how I even made it to my car..."

"You made it even farther apparently, we found you about a mile from here. Gannyn texted me earlier that when he went to find your car he found two guys beaten pretty badly near an alley by your truck, and was calling them an ambulance. That wouldn't be because of you, would it?"

"A mile from here?! I blacked out at my truck, there's no way I managed to make it three miles while half-conscious!" The yelling made my head spin, forcing me to sit down. I groaned in pain as I clutched my forehead. Meghan sat down next to me and moved my hand aside, instructing me to look at her. "Wait, you said "took you long enough to wake up," how long was I out for?"

"About two days? Gannyn has been staying here, watching over you. He insisted we both learn first-aid together to fix you up, instead of just taking you to a hospital. Something about "you'd kick his ass if he put you in debt." Meghan inspected my face for a moment. "You said you blacked out and can't remember much, right?" I nodded. "I see bruising and dilated pupils, did you have ringing ears and dizziness?" I nodded again. She stood up and started walking towards the front door.