The Pale Skull

I immediately grabbed the bat and turned around swinging it. The bat whiffed through the air, slamming into the doorframe snapping off the top of the bat. I looked at the spot where it was standing a second ago. Nothing was there, aside from some splinters that came off of the bat.

"Fuck!" I yelled out, looking at the broken bat. I held up the now sharp, but short, baseball bat and stepped out of the bathroom, searching for it again. It was like it was toying with me. Playing with its food. I slowly walked into the living room, looking around. Still not seeing anything out of place. Nahla sat on the couch staring at me, grinning.

"Good girl, Nahla. Just stay there, alright?" I said to her, gesturing with the bat. I heard my phone go off in my bedroom again. The ringtone of my phone rang out from down the hallway. I approached my room bat at the ready and saw my phone sitting in the middle of my bed. I grabbed it and saw I had a new message. A text message. It was from the same person sending the pictures, the contact now having a name. It was corrupted, glitched. The text contained a single word.

Hello.

I quickly typed in a response.

who is this

No response. I waited a minute and still nothing.

I looked around again, feeling like I was being watched. I walked back out into the living room and my phone went off again. I looked down at the new text.

Close your eyes.

who the hell are you? what do you want?

I typed back to them. This time the bubble indicating a reply popped up.

I want you to close your eyes.

It's close. As soon as I close my eyes it's going to sneak up behind me and take me as easy pickings. not if I'm ready for it, though. As soon as it shows itself, it's face will be exchanging greetings with my bat. I slowly shut my eyes, raising my bat to my shoulder. My phone vibrated in my hand and I heard a clicking sound come from it, like it took a photo. I opened my eyes and there in front of me, it stood. It wasn't moving, just staring at me. My eyes widened at the sight of it. The ivory skull, vaguely canine in shape surrounded by a mane of unkempt black hair. It was an entire head taller than me, and it had claws at least half an inch long, they looked like they could turn me into salami slices with a flick of the wrist. It wore a tan jumpsuit tied around its waist with a dirty tank top. Its body shape indicated it was female.

"What the fuck...?" I said, looking it in the eyes. "What are you?"

"Can't be surprised that's your first reaction, not everyday someone has an invisible prisoner in their living room." It took a slow turn, looking around while glancing back at me every so often, more specifically the sharp wood I had shouldered.

"Answer the question!" I yelled, adjusting my grip.

It sighed. "Right, sorry. Had to check. I, am... I'm..."

"You're what?! Who are you?!" Its voice seemed to reverberate all throughout, almost echoing. It was deep but feminine enough. Nothing like I've ever heard, to put it simply.

"I only have an ID, no name." It sounded almost regretful. "No name at all."

"Why are you here, then?! You're that thing that's been stalking me!" I took a step back, pointing at it with the bat fragment. "Now you're here in my living room! You're- Shit, you're bleeding!"