Bullshit Niklaus

"Bullshit Niklaus." 

"Excuse me love?" Nik asked staring at me, clearly shocked by my response. 

"That's bullshit. You say I am the hybrid like that defines who you are and it doesn't! You're not even as bad as everyone thinks you are and yet you seem to want to hide behind this great evil villain that everyone is so afraid of!" I explained, I don't know why I'm getting so worked up over this but here we are. "Oh and you're not afraid?" He asked me angrily. "No I am not." I responded crossing my arms. "Then why did you stop replying to my messages, my calls. You found out who I was and you ran, you ran like everyone else. So how can you go ahead and tell me you are not afraid of me!" I could hear the hurt in his voice and I felt horrible. 

"I am not afraid of you Nik. I did what I had to do out of fear for my family and I know I should be afraid of you for all you have done but I can't be afraid of this character everyone see's you as because to me you are someone else entirely! To me you are Nik the dude I accidentally texted before becoming best friends with him! To me you are someone who was there for me in my ups in downs even though it wasn't in person! To me you are the person who I am willing to look past what everyone tells me just so I can decide for myself whether the person I became best friends with is really who I think I know or whether everyone else is right. I don't want everyone else to be right though because you were-are one of the best things that has happened to me and I am so glad I accidentally texted you that day! It will never be something I regret because you're my best friend." 

"Cassandra..." Nik trailed off and before he could say anything else the doors to the gym flew open as Stefan appeared. The hero - I almost expected some superhero theme song to start playing. "Stefan" Elena murmured but he look at her, he looked straight at Nik. "Klaus." "Come to save your damsel mate?" Well duh of course he did. I sighed, love is beautiful. I wish someone loved me like that. 

"I came to ask for your forgiveness and pledge my loyalty." I whipped my head towards him, what the hell bro. "You already broke that pledge once already." Nik told him not even looking at Stefan. "Elena means nothing to me anymore." Ok I take back what I said about him. I glanced at my sister seeing hurt in her eyes. "Whatever you ask of me. I will do." I narrowed me eyes at Stefan. I couldn't tell whether he was being honest or if this was some scheme. "Fair enough." Nik responded, wait he believed Stefan? He stood up from his seat beside me jumping down towards Elena, Chad and Dana. "Let's drink on it. Kill them." Oh no there it is, he doesn't believe Stefan. I rushed up from my seat running in front of Nik. "Umm no don't kill them." I said. "What are you waiting for? Kill them." He continued not bothering to respond to me. "No!" I said again as Elena finally spoke. "No, Stefan don't. He's not going to hurt me, he already said that-" Nik slapped Elena sending her onto the ground with a scream, I scrambled down beside her checking to see if she was ok as Stefan ran at Nik trying to attack him. Aww he does still care about Elena. 

Nik wrapped a hand around Stefan's neck. "She means nothing to you? Your lies just keep piling up." Stefan chocked. "Let her go, I'll do what ever you want you have my word." "Your word doesn't mean much, I lived by your word all summer during which time I never had to resort to this." Staring into Stefans eyes I realised Nik was compelling him. "Stop fighting." All the while Stefan begged him. "Don't do this" "I don't want to. All I wanted was your allegiance and now Im going to have to take it." Nik was clearly hurt after Stefans betrayal. "don't" Stefan begged but it was no use. "You will do exactly as I say, when I say it, you will not run, you will not hide, you will simply just obey." He released the now compelled Stefan. "No, no Stefan." Elena breathed out desperately, I hugged her to me. 

"Now kill them, ripper." Nik held out a hand gesturing to Chad and Dana. "No!" I yelled rushing to shield them, leaving Elena on the ground. I was pulled away from them by Nik who held me away from Stefans targets at he rushed towards them drinking their blood. "Its always nice to see a vampire in his true element. The species has become such a broody lot." Nik spoke to Elena and I. I pulled against his grip but he didn't release me. "What is wrong with you!?" I asked him in disgust. I felt him lean down to my ear from behind me. "You wanted to know who I was didn't you Cassie? Well you see I am the person you met over texts but I am also the person you were warned about. Do you fear me now, love?"