Goodbye

When I decided to leave Mystic Falls on my little vacation, I didn't realise how hard it would be to actually leave. Saying goodbye to my brother and sister was the hardest, but I wouldn't be away for long. 

Elena in her vampire state was happy to see me go because she thought it would protect me, she still refused to hug or even come in an arms length of me. 

Jeremy was less then overjoyed to hear that I was leaving, and though he tried to hide it I could tell he was upset. I wished I could bring him along with me, but I for one didn't want to disrupt his schooling and two knew he wouldn't want to leave Elena alone, especially now.

In a way, I was glad to feel the pain of leaving my siblings for it distracted from the ache that had settled in my heart the moment I said goodbye to Nik forever. 

I told him I was done with him, and I meant it. He hurt me too many times, there is simply no way for me to trust him again. I can't be his friend. I know this, I remind myself every day but the hurt won't go away. 

But, a change of scenery should do the trick I thought to myself as I stepped out of the taxi I had gotten from the airport. 

Here I was, far away from all from all my problems. The air is humid and the faint scent of citrus welcomes me as the distant sound of music fills my ears. I already liked it here, I cannot wait to begin exploring! 

Goodbye Mystic Falls, goodbye vampires, and goodbye Niklaus Mikaelson!

Let the vacation begin!

. . . . . . . . . . 

So... Sorry about the extremely long break I took, life just got hectic. 

But yayyyy there's the end to this book! 

Here comes the sequel! (hopefully super soon!)

Any guesses where the lovely Cassandra Gilberts' spontaneous holiday may have taken her?