So we finally meet

"Niiiiiiiiiik!" "Niklaus" "NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK"

"Cassie?" I heard a voice question behind me, and I froze. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Nik. "Nik!" I yelled in excitement spinning around as I gave him a tight hug. At first, he tensed but soon he relaxed and hugged me back. Despite all the joking around about how id track Nik down and hug him I never actually believed that Id meet him. "I cannot believe you're here Cassie." Nik exclaimed as I released him from my hug. "Honestly me too, I never believed Id meet you in person ever. Good thing I decided to go on a trip." Nik laughed nodding his head. "It certainly was, how long will you stay?" I shrugged "I told my sister I'd be gone for either a couple of days, the drive was a touch longer than I expected."

"Where did you come from?" Nik asked me as we walked down the street. "Just a small town in Virginia." Beside me Nik tensed briefly "Mystic falls perhaps?" I glanced at him astounded "How did you guess?" He shrugged "I passed through there a while back." I nodded "Oh nice, Mystic Falls isn't very exciting why'd you go there?" We turned a corner. "Just personal reasons. Now I have someone to check up on if you'd like to come with me."

Nik and I made our way over to what appeared to be a bar although it was empty. Along the way we talked as if we had been hanging out for years it was really nice since I moved home with my younger brother and sister I haven't had much time for my own friends.

"Where is she?" I heard Nik mutter under his breath with anger in his eyes. "Who? What's wrong Nik?" I questioned "It doesn't matter, I need to go speak with my sister." I perked up in excitement. "Yay, I get to meet Bekah!" We exited the bar and Nik nudged me with a grin "You'd better not replace me with her." I laughed "Oh I wouldn't dream of it. Now lead the way"

We found ourselves at an abandoned warehouse and went inside. When I asked why we were here Nik told me his family had a storage unit inside the warehouse. As we turned, we could hear voices and I saw someone incredibly familiar. Stefan. Wait that means that Nik is... Klaus. The vampire hybrid that sacrificed my sister and killed my aunt. Shit, shit, shitity shit! He can not know who I am. Why do I have the worst luck in this entire freaking universe ... I might have to start a new club 'The anti-universe club' except this time I can't ask Nik to join, am I truly destined to be a loner forever?

I took a deep breath in an attempt to calm my racing heart rate, thankfully they didn't notice or didn't think it was beating quickly out of fear but out of excitement. "Rebekah, sister look who I found while I was out." Nik announced to a girl with blonde hair who could only be Rebekah. "Who is this?" She sneered and I let out a laugh crossing my arms. "Wow you don't remember me Bekah? We talked this morning." She looked confused for a moment before a smile graced her face. "Cassie! How in the world are you here?" Rebekah asked astounded as she rushed forward and gave me a hug. "When we talked this morning, I was already almost in Chicago, it was merely a coincidence that you guys happened to be staying here." I explained although I was excited, I was still incredibly nervous. One wrong move and I could be signing my sister's death sentence. But as long as he doesn't know my last name or that I know Stefan everything will be fine. "Well I am most certainly glad it happened!" Rebekah told me with a bright smile. "Me too Bekah, I'm so glad to finally meet Nik and you too!"

"Hi I'm Cassandra, it's nice to meet you." I pretended to greet Stefan, begging him with my eyes to go along with my lie. "I'm Stefan, how do you know Klaus?" Stefan emphasised the name Klaus and I nodded discretely. "Oh, I accidentally texted him one day and we became best friends." Stefan nodded. "Interesting." We fell into silence and the nerves began to creep in again. "Cassie, are you alright? You seem a touch nervous." Nik asked me with concern in his voice. "Oh well I actually need to get home I remembered that I promised my little brother I'd help him prepare for his ... math test and I have already stayed far to long." I lied through my teeth, I felt terrible for doing so but I had to do what was best for my family. "Well why didn't you just say so Cass?" Nik asked with a laugh, I smiled sheepishly "I didn't want to disappoint you." He nodded "I'm sure we'll meet again one day Cassandra. You head on home to you brother. I understand how important family is." I thanked him before giving everyone hugs before leaving as quickly as possible.