Three long and painful hours

Hour 1: 

Cassie's POV:

"Let's play a game!" I explained, bored out of my mind. "What are we playing then?" Kol asked. "Uh, let's play eye spy I haven't played since I was a child!" I said, oddly excited to play the childhood game. "Fine, how does it work?" Kol questioned. "You'll catch on - I'll go first! I spy with my little eye something beginning with C" I explained, there wasn't much around to make this game overly exciting. "uh, is it a tree?" Kol asked. "No Kol. Does tree start with a C?" He shrugged "Is it a stick?" I shook my head "Is it a caterpillar?" I glanced at him "Where did you see a caterpillar?" Surely his eyesight wasn't that good. "Oh I didn't." I sent him a bewildered look. "Are you kidding me? Come on Kol play the game seriously!" I told him. "Fine, clouds" He answered. "You got it right! Your turn now!" 

"Ugh, I spy with my little eye something beginning with R" He said, after thinking for a moment. "The road?" I asked. "Yes. Your turn." Well that was easy. "I spy with my little eye something beginning with H." I explained thinking of a horse. "A tree? A stick? A caterpillar?" Was Kols response, and his same response for every game after that. 

Hour 2: 

Kol's POV:

"Are we there yet?" Cassie asked for the hundredth time this trip.

"No." Shut up

*Poke* 

"Are we there yet?" She asked again

"No." Shut up

*Poke - Poke* 

"Are we there yet?" And again.

"No." I will crash this car

*Poke - Poke - Poke* 

"Are we there yet?" AND AGAIN! 

"NO" Poke me one more time and I will murder someone

Silence....

"You finally gave up did you, Cassie?" I asked but received no response. She'd fallen asleep. Finally some peace and -

"Are we there yet?" Bloody hell!

"You are a child." I told her, annoyed. "Yes I am" Was her response. 

"To think, I thought we could have been friends," I said I haven't been annoyed this much by someone who I didn't want to kill in a long time, I can't tell whether it's a good or bad thing. "We are friends, or else you'd have dumped me on the side of the road miles ago." I wish I had, trust me. "We might be friends, but I doubt this friendship will last the entire road trip." I did, like Cassie. She was genuinely a really good person, too good to be best friends with my brother if I'm honest. 

"Hey for your information, you kidnapped me so you're stuck with me!" Cassie responded and I laughed. "Yeah, yeah. I'm facing the consequences for my actions, yadee yadaa"

"Glad you understand, now I am going to sleep!" And finally peace and quiet.

Hour 3: 

Cassie's POV:

*Sleeping* 

*Sleeping* 

*Sleeping* 

"It smells like home" I explained in a tired voice, once I woke up. "It smells like trees." Was Kols response.

"Wait are we nearly there?" I asked him, surprised I'd slept for so long. "We are quite close, I would say." I looked out the window and Kol was right, as just in the distance I could make out the 'welcome to Mystic Falls sign'. Something inside me couldn't bear to wait until we entered my childhood town, but I didn't know why. 

The closer and closer we came to the town barrier, the more excited I became until I couldn't bear it. "Kol go faster!" I demanded my friend, well I think he's my friend. "But what if I get in trouble?" He asked, feigning worry. I glared. "Just hurry the hell up!" 

He did as I asked and soon enough we entered Mystic Falls. 

That was when I remembered. 

Everything.