Decade Dance

I was ready for the decade dance, alongside my sister. Elena wore a sparkly white flapper dress with a feather headband in her hair and together we were waiting for a lift with Stefan. Yes, I was third-wheeling. 

Soon enough the doorbell rang and as Elena rushed to the door I sat down to put on my heels. "Wow. You look very dapper." I heard my sister say as she greeted who I could only assume to be Stefan at the door. "You look, uh... very beautiful" Yep, that's definitely Stefan. "Here, I uh, got something for you." As I fiddled with the buckles on my shoes I struggled to contain my laughter, gosh they were awkward. "Thank you." 

The pair were silent and I couldn't take it anymore so with my shoes done up I walked to the door squeezing in between them. "Ok love birds, let's get this show on the road." 

Walking past them towards the driveway way I yelled back to Stefan. "Yo, Stefan can I drive?" Hoping for a yes. I heard him chuckle. "Not in my car" I turned back to look as he and Elena walked towards me. "What why?" I explained. "Well, from what I've heard from Elena you aren't the best driver," Stefan told me, raising an eyebrow. 

I flipped my gaze towards my sister who shrugged with a sheepish smile. "What? It's true" I scowled. "I'll have you both know that I am a fabulous driver. I drove here to Chicago and back once!" I explained proudly. "Yeah, and you got a ticket for texting while driving!" Elena reminded me. "I was doing something very important...I was texting Nik and Bekah about very important matters." I defended, quite poorly. "I'm sure it was incredibly important, Cassie but you are still not driving my car." 

"You are no fun, Stefan, Ellie let's ditch your date and run away to Europe," I explained, as I grumpily got into the back seat of the car. "Maybe another time" Elena laughed as she jumped into the passenger seat beside Stefan who looked at me through the mirror with a smug look. 

Like the mature person I am, I stuck my tongue out at him. 

~

I had been at the dance for a while now, at first, I had spent some time with Jeremy talking to him about the possibility of myself leaving Mystic Falls with Nik. He didn't seem too keen about me going off with Klaus but he understood that I had to make my own decisions which I was grateful for. 

Now I was alone, Jeremy had run off and all I could do was wait for Nik. I still didn't know whether I would accept his offer or not. I would absolutely love to travel the world and to do it with Nik would be wonderful but I can't shake away the feeling that by doing so I could be putting myself in danger and leaving my siblings without my protection. I didn't know what to do. 

Across the dance floor, I spotted Nik talking to Caroline and Tyler. They did not look happy. "I don't recall giving you permission to leave in the first place." I heard Nik say to Tyler as I made my way towards them. "Oh leave them be Nik" I exclaimed as I moved to stand beside him. 

"Ah Cassandra." Nik greeted, his demeanour changing. "Care to dance?" He asked. "Why not, this is a dance after all," I responded griping the hand he held out to me. He began to lead me away from the pair, but not before saying. "We'll be having a little chat later Tyler. Next time you feel like going on a field trip, ask me first." 

I rolled my eyes. "You look positively stunning, if I may say," Nik told me with a wide smile on his face. I blushed. "Why thank you, I'd say you look moderately handsome." 

Nik laughed. "Well, I'll take it. So, have you given my offer anymore thought?" There it is. "Look Nik... I honestly don't know." I said. "You are so much more than a life in Mystic Falls Cassie. Why fight it?" He questioned. "I have my siblings to worry about Nik, besides who's to say that following you won't lead me to danger." I saw hurt flash in my best friends eyes. "I'm leaving tomorrow with Rebekah, if you decide to join us let me know and I'll return for you." 

I nodded with a gentle smile. "Speaking of Rebekah, where is she?" Nik asked. "I'm not sure, I haven't seen her since this morning. I think she might have been mad at me, she called me Cassandra and she never calls me that." I explained, looking around the room. 

"I should go find her, I'll come to see you tomorrow morning before I leave." Nik turned to walk away but I grabbed his hand. 

"Whether I come with you or not, we will always be best friends. I will always be there for you." I told him staring into the eyes of my best friend. "As will I"