PART 2

DRACO ,  leaned his chin on his fist , barely listening to Blaise as he animatedly described his trip to Italy , moving his hands to give more effect while Theo had his nose buried in a book

DRACO ,  leaned his chin on his fist , barely listening to Blaise as he animatedly described his trip to Italy , moving his hands to give more effect while Theo had his nose buried in a book. Across from their table , his eyes fell upon a certain brunette. She sat alone and isolated from everyone , but he noticed the stares of admiration she would receive from many , while others leaned and pointed towards her , talking about her in hushed whispers. Evanna appeared to be fiddling with a ring on her finger , when she suddenly looked up and caught his silver stare.

Evanna's eyes brightened slightly and she smiled back at him , giving a small – almost invisible – wave. Draco found himself smiling back. Blaise raised an eyebrow , turning around to look at what Draco was smiling at , his gaze finding Evanna as she twisted the stone on her ring and her focus appeared to be elsewhere.

"Oh so that's what you are looking at", He said with a chuckle , turning back to meet Draco's mercury eyes. "Weren't you friends with Frey ?", He asked.

Draco nodded slightly.

"She's quite nice", Pansy chimed from across the table , lifting her head from her arms. "I was her Potions partner last year."

"Why isn't anyone sitting with her , though ?", Theo asked , closing his book to look at Pansy.

"I don't know", She said , and before she could continue , Daphne Greengrass joined their conversation.

"Well , there's a rumour that she was associated with two muggle-born girls who disappeared in our second year. Since then no one really talks to her , but she is extremely popular among both genders", Daphne said. "She is quite brilliant in academics , and I once decided to take help from her for our Charms work. She agreed , but there's something that has always unnerved her about me. And that meeting for helping me out freaked me out more. Her too polite smiles , her silence , her eyes – Merlin , I never spoke to her since."

Draco raised a brow , but before he could interject by saying that she seemed quite alright when they talked in the train earlier – a clapping sound boomed across the Hall. Draco looked ahead to find an old man , dressed in powder blue robes , his long silver beard reaching his knees – as he stood in front of the podium at the Head Table. Professor Dumbledore began speaking , saying that he welcomed back the students , as well as the new students , and mentioned how the castle would be home to not only them , but some foreign guests. At this , murmurs of confusion echoed around the hall , and the doors opened. Argus Filch , the caretaker , came sprinting towards the Headmaster , who paused to listen to him. Nodding at whatever the caretaker said , Dumbledore said enthusiastically ,"Please welcome , the lovely students of Beauxbatons and their Headmistress , Madame Maxime  !"

The tall  , arched doors to the hall opened again , to reveal a horde of ladies elegantly dressed in powder blue robes , walking with their heads held high and flaunting their airs and graces , along with their lush figures as they sighed softly - half the boys ogling as they rushed ahead to create a swarm of blue butterflies overhead. A skilled gymnast , a little girl dressed in silver , as she exhibited her moves , before joining another girl up ahead. A few boys were scattered here , and there , amongst the greater number of girls , looking out of place - but walking with grace as they directed their wands to cast the words Beauxbatons Academy of Magic in silver overhead.