PART 25

Cirrus partly hid the voluminous scintillating sun , an opal knife dragging tirelessly across an infinite expanse of azure

Cirrus partly hid the voluminous scintillating sun , an opal knife dragging tirelessly across an infinite expanse of azure. Tepid zephyr kissed his cheekbones , hands lazily inside his pockets as he waited patiently for a glimpse of the cerulean eyed girl he was infatuated with. Periwinkles blossomed through the flurry of warmth that catapulted tremendously through his pearlescent ribs as his ivory irises caught the familiar figure of the girl - smiling softly in his direction as she made her way towards him , navigating her way through the horde of students that crowded the courtyard , hushed conversations following her - the news of her mother's death still not having settled down.

His gaze connected with hers , both now only mere footsteps away from each other. Her presence irradiated a comforting warmth like none other , spring blossoming in his chest with the manifestation of twirling honeysuckles. Her pulchitrudinous eyes , blue spheres that resembled a sapphire moon carved from ancient tales - holding untold stories he wished to know , resembling the cerulean light of nebular stars. She was an amalgamation of sapphire , stardust and the sweetest nectar - a seraphic creature he could not rid his mind of. No spell he had laid his eyes upon could drive his heart away from the bewitchment under which she held him. In her hands , he was a puppet - a puppet strung down by strings of pearl that she pulled and twined and manipulated to her own will. Even then , she made him feel capable of beholding the stars , the ruler of the galaxy adorning a crown embellished by fragments of comets and asteroids sat upon a throne of moondust and supernovas - a vital amalgamation of dark matter , undiscovered - waiting to be unravelled and unsnarled.

She was a tantalising creation of Da Vinci - the flicker she gave him similar to the spark of stones rubbed against each other. She glittered and glistened , her touch obliteration his morals to dust. But she was just a girl , who made him feel far more than a simple boy. And in the whispers of night - in the sapphire twilight , he would cherish and intoxicate himself with the fragrance of lavender and honey that emanated from her - a conglomeration of stardust , old books , cranberry crushed lips and the recent smell of burnt cigarettes she had adopted ; an amalgamation of all she stood for. 

He wished , no , hoped that she would feel the same about him. He hoped that she would feel helpless like him , as though she were venturing into unchartered waters - tumbling headfirst into an oblivion , into an abyss that had no end. He hoped she would feel the beat of the hummingbird in it's throne inside her ribs as he neared her , he hoped she would fall for him too - just as he was falling for her , exploring without any fears - exploring and ravishing in the rasasvada of young love.

His cheeks were tinted with rose dust , as her smile visibly widened and she reached out her hands , twining their fingers as a rush spiralled through the ashen stairs that lined his spine. Evanna did not speak , as his fingers tightened around her dainty hand - and they fell to step beside each other. 

Students bustled past the duo , as they walked through the cobblestone streets - shops with tinted wooden shingles , wreaths hanging up on their doors along with strings of astringent lights a reminiscent of the long past Christmas.