PART 14

MAY had closed its chapter with light , afternoon showers - bringing forth the humid climate and sporadic weather of June

MAY had closed its chapter with light , afternoon showers - bringing forth the humid climate and sporadic weather of June. Fluffy , white clouds floated across the deep blue sky , which would at times be overcast , the grey of it similar to the plumage of a pigeon.

Dusk light pierced the clouds , travelling up to the blades of peridot grass - the red of it illuminating the moors and painting the castle perched atop it in tawny hues. Soon , navy blue chased the orange across the sky - pink splayed in between like an artist's canvas. With passing time , the sky darkened a little more - and the pale moon could be seen behind the misty clouds.

Five champions stood , solemn features fixed upon the maze ahead. Lush green bushes that rose high into the air like the impenetrable walls of a fortress- twisting and turning upon land littered with twigs and grass that rose from the fresh , soft earth. Stalls rose in a circle - housing cheering spectators and judges. Amongst the horde of smiling , encouraging faces was a woman. Her sharp cheekbones , glistening sky blue eyes and raven tresses were quite similar to that of the fifth champion - who stood determinedly , avoiding her mother's eyes as they scrutinized everyone.

Lyra Frey.

She had accompanied Theodore Nott Sr. and Lady Elizabeth Nott into the Third Task - and , needless to say , the letter one of the house elves had sent to Evanna mentioning this new development had conveniently gone up in flames. It was one of the few public appearances Lyra had made , and reporters from the Daily Prophet and Witch Weekly had been seated close to where she was.

 The Hogwarts march played in the vicinity  , the audience roaring , the Beauxbatons girls cheering for Fleur -banners bearing each champion's name ruffling in the cool breeze.

A boy with silken hair , and star-like eyes pushed his way through the crowd of students - sneering at anyone who dared to look at him. Pulling his fur cap a little more over his ears , he took his position next to four other Slytherins - the burly figures of Crabbe and Goyle looming behind them.

His eyes connected with the familiar , ultramarine eyes of Evanna - and he smiled encouragingly. He had reassured her that she would be absolutely fine , and he could only hope that would be true. Upon seeing his parents in the crowd , however , he knew tonight was not going to be ordinary for anyone.

The champions turned around to face the throng , camera shutters immediately going off as the reporters looked ready to swarm each of them. 

Dumbledore walked closer to Harry and Evanna , who stood together - Evanna with a confident expression and Harry with an anxious one. Patting them both , he whispered to them ,"Good luck", before swiftly walking towards the podium.

Climbing the steps up to the podium , the Headmaster of Hogwarts said ,"Sonorous." An immediate and effective hush feel around the stadium , the spectators silencing their cheers.

"Earlier today , Professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory-", His booming voice was interrupted by the loud cheers and applause that resounded from the part of the stadium clad in yellow and black.