PART 24

CERISE streaked the scattered clouds across the dusk sky , the dying rays of the sun extinguishing like the reminiscent flames dripping from the wax of a burning candle

CERISE streaked the scattered clouds across the dusk sky , the dying rays of the sun extinguishing like the reminiscent flames dripping from the wax of a burning candle. Efflorescent red painted the sky in hues of sanguine blood that dripped from the arteries of all the stars who had once been humans. The girl made of stardust , or any other divine core she was carved out of - with tarnished lungs caged in ivory and hummingbird-heart beating gently in it's throne sat herself across the girl with raven tresses , and the boy with alluring almond eyes.

Evanna's lips curled upwards , the zephyr flowing in through the glass windows bringing strands of her mahogany hair to her irises , which she eloquently tucked behind her ears. Gently keeping a small pile of thick rimmed books upon the table , she entwined her fingers together - cherry lips curving upwards with the hint of a triumphant smile as she uttered the words ,"I expect you have both read the book I gave to you ?" Although she had initially torn the pages of another book that housed the procedures of creating a horcrux - she had found another book containing such ideas , and had decided that as long as it was given to the people who followed her ideals - she would have no problems.

Blaise nodded solemnly , producing a book with a crinkled , amaranthine cover - silver words reading 'Secrets of the Darkest Arts by Owle Bullock', etched upon it. The book held curses , unspeakable curses that had now rooted themselves into the soils of their mind , carving into their flesh like sins that could not have been washes by even the purest of waters. They had been plunged into Tartarus , given power to resurrect from the ashes of the past , had been given jewels worth thousands of lives , had been given power that could shred their foes to rubble with the snap of a finger - and they had no wish of crawling back out from the hell they had been dragged into by the girl with the venomous undersides. The duo had the read the book Evanna had commanded them to - trusting them the most for this special task - not missing out a single word in fear of the wrath they would have to tolerate.

And in return , they had been rewarded. But a pawn could only have so much power when the Queen that had raised them bound them to the shackles of their own fears. Evanna nodded , pleased as she realised that they had sincerely obeyed her words.

In the previous meeting , her malignant words had knitted themselves into a tapestry horrifyingly beautiful. Horcruxes. How desperate the desire was to keep oneself alive for centuries to come - the dread of being embraced by the arms of Thanatos forever extinguished within their hearts. But Evanna also narrated to them , the horrors of diving their souls - enclosing them inside objects like caged butterflies with gaudy wings. She told them of all the horrifying deeds committed by the Dark Lord in the name of upholding the honour of purebloods and the grievous price he payed for disobeying the natural laws of magic. She had informed the ten members of the Third Alliance - that there were six horcruxes that had been made by the Dark Lord , and to destroy his tyranny - they must end the pieces of his soul lingering in those six auspicious objects.

Albeit , one horcrux hung from her neck , charmed to be less harmful - but that was besides the point.

"Muffliato", Evanna casted wandlessly , carmine sparks signifying the establishment of the enchantment around the table of the trio. She began saying ,"Very well. You have read of the tremendous ritual that needs to be executed in order to accomplish the making of a horcrux ?"