PART 17

DRACO weaved through the partially crowded train corridors , a smirk on his lips after the entertainment provided to him as he had watched Harry Potter get riled up

DRACO weaved through the partially crowded train corridors , a smirk on his lips after the entertainment provided to him as he had watched Harry Potter get riled up. In all honesty , Draco thought that dementors could not turn up out of the blue in a muggle society - and yet , Harry Potter did not have the guts to seemingly pull of such an extravagant lie either.

Motioning Crabbe and Goyle to leave , he pushed open the door of one of the compartments at the back. His grey stare fell upon Pansy , playing with her ring clad fingers , Blaise sprawled out beside her - his arm resting behind the girl. Theo sat with his nose buried in a book , the only thing somewhat visible of his features being his mahogany curls. Daphne sat beside him , head resting on Theo's shoulder as her verdant irises skimmed through a page of Witch Weekly.

Evanna sat by the window , cobalt eyes fixed at the dust-coated glass that overlooked the hills of sprawling green , fields of flowers dancing in their silken glory in the wafting breeze and miles and miles of the aquamarine sky. Her palm lay open upon her skirt , producing flakes of snow , or drops of water without the utter of a single word. Nobody seemed surprised at this.

"Hello Draco", Daphne chimed , looking up at him with a slight smile. Greetings were thrown his way , and  Evanna's head snapped towards his direction , offering him a weak smile and a nod. Draco returned a warm smile , taken aback at how pale she appeared to be.

"How was your summer ?", Blaise chimed , tilting his gaze to look at Draco.

"It was fine enough", Draco replied curtly , and no one questioned him any further. A hushed silence fell around the compartment , no one bothering to speak up as each was wrapped up in their individual thoughts. As much as those six pretended to be busy , truth be told , each was worried. Their worries varied in degrees - each quite important. From the recent rise of Voldemort , their days at home were filled with rushed , silent discussions between parents and a permanent , looming smell of death , and blood - if those did have a distinguishing scent.

And despite five of them being Slytherins - people who were fated to be tied together even when the tapestry came undone , people made to stick by each other through thick and thin as they could not rely on anyone else - neither of them knew where they would be in the matter of a few months.

Their mind-filling thoughts were interrupted by the drag of a shoe against the rugged floor , and Draco watched as Evanna rose from her seat - walking towards the door. She seemed as pale as a ghost , and if it went any further , her bones would be visible from under her transparent skin. His eyes flitted towards her right foot , and he noticed that she walked with a slight limp. 

"Where are you going ?", Pansy asked.

"To change into school robes", Evanna called out as she walked down the corridor.

Once she disappeared down the corridor , Draco turned to find the other four looking at him worriedly.

"Did something happen to her over the summer ?", Theo asked , shutting his book close - brows furrowing as he worriedly cast a glance around the compartment - others mirroring his concern.