17

Kameron's parents figured it would be a good idea to have a family cookout so I could meet everyone. It had only been two days since I was here and they have already made me feel welcomed.

I finish helping Kameron's mother set up the table and take a deep breath. Pregnancy has made me tired even after doing the simplest thing. Trisha walks over to me and takes my hands into hers then smiles at me.

"I am really glad that Kameron got someone like you pregnant and not some crazy bimbo who's out for his money.", She says.

I laugh softly. "How do you know I'm not a crazy bimbo who's out for his money?", I ask.

She smirks. "Because of the way you look at my son. Any woman who looks at a man like that is in love and doesn't care about anything else. I have a good feeling about you, Amelia. I didn't like any woman Kameron brought home when he was younger and even the last woman he brought home. All of them were too busy caring about themselves and their feelings instead of his.", she sighs.

I stood quiet.

"It's supposed to be fifty, fifty in a relationship and, well, his relationships were always fifty, ten. They only cared about their needs and never once considered his. Kameron told me that even though you're positive it's his, that you still would do the paternity test so he would feel comfortable and secure. That is what made me sure you were different. I know that my son is the father of this baby because if he wasn't, you wouldn't have been here trying hard to find the right thing to say when we first met you.", she smiled.

I laugh softly, my eyes filling with tears. Trisha cups my face.

"Amelia, you are family now. I don't know how your relationship with Kameron if you guys are together or just pretending for the time being but I can tell that boy is in love with you. That glistens in his eye when he looks at you. You got my boy head over boots.", Trisha smiles.

I smiled before pulling her into a hug. I felt so loved and welcomed by Trisha and that was the most important relationship I wanted. Never did I want to have a mother-in-law who hated my guts or I hated hers. I guess she wasn't considered my mother-in-law since Kameron and I weren't together.

We weren't together? Right?

I mean we kissed and he holds my hand, wraps his arms around me, and makes it feel like we are together.

I pull back from the hug and Trisha smiles before placing her hands on my belly.

"Now, go inside and have Kameron make you something to eat. I'm sure my grandbaby is hungry in there.", Trisha laughs.

I laugh and nod before making my way inside the house. As I walk towards the kitchen I see Ralph.

"Looking for Kameron?", Ralph asks.

"Yeah. Seen him?", I ask.

"In the kitchen getting some beers for us to drink while we cook the meat on the grill.", He replies.

I nod, thanking him. I wait for him to walk away but he doesn't, he looks at me and smiles.

"Don't hurt my boy. He has a big heart and will love you and this baby with everything in him. May not seem like it but he's a family man. I trust that you won't break his heart and if I'm being honest. You're the first girl he's brought home that I didn't lie about when I said I liked you.", Ralph says seriously.

I smile softly. "Mr. Montgomery, I won't hurt him. He doesn't know yet but I've fallen madly in love with your son. I've fallen in love with you and your wife and I'm sure I'm gonna fall in love with the rest of your family. I want to be a part of this family and I want to be a part of Kameron's life. This baby is going to be a part of this family.", I say.