26

I glanced at Kameron a few times who leaned against the door frame watching Maddie and I pack our bags into Daniel's car. I rested my hand on my belly. It was going to be a long road trip. At seven months pregnant the risk of being on an airplane was too high. So we have to drive.

I place my hand on my belly and walk over to him. He looks at me then down at my belly.

"I want to say thank you for everything. I'll send ultrasound pictures to you and if you want to be there when he's born I'll let you know. Don't leak your number this time though.", I say, trying to lighten the mood with a joke.

Kameron just nodded.

"I'll be better. Please don't leave.", he says, looking down.

My mind goes blank. What do I say? What do I do? I felt paralyzed.

"...Amy...Amy."

I snap out of my thoughts and turn to Maddie who is calling me from the car. I quickly look at Kameron who is looking down.

What the hell was that?

I give Kameron a small smile.

"Goodbye Kameron."

I make my way over to Maddie.

"Are you okay?", Maddie asks. "I called your name like five times."

"Uh, yeah. I- uh- I'm fine. Let's go.", I say, getting into the car.

I sit down and Maddie closes the door. I look out the window to see Kameron watching us, his eyes red. I force myself to look away, Maddie and Daniel get in the car and it isn't long until we pull away.

I feel tears run down my face. Then I began to cry.

"Oh Amy.", Maddie says from the front seat.

"He's my baby's father, Mads. It sucks.", I sob.

Maddie tries to comfort me but it doesn't help. I came here expected to raise a child with Kameron. To have and watch him become a father. To give my baby a two parent household. Not for money or fame or anything else.

I eventually cry myself to sleep but wake up telling Daniel to stop the car at a gas station. Daniel gives me a nod before taking the next exit. Maddie is knocked out in the passenger seat and gives us a groan when we try to wake her up.

Daniel locks the door when he walks with me inside the gas station. I waddle to the bathroom and knock before I go in. When I finish and wash my hands I walk around the store, my hand on my belly.

"Thank you for driving us and coming with.", I tell Daniel in the candy isle.

"Of course. Kam is my best friend and all but he can be a total dumbass.", Daniel says.

I reach for his hand and place it on my belly and I feel another kick from the baby.

"Whoa.", Daniel laughs.

"It feels ten times cooler from the inside. Sorry if I stepped over any boundaries with that. Just wanted you to bond with him once before he's born since I'm sure you'll be with Maddie and in his life.", I say, letting go of his hand.

Daniel smiles. "No boundaries stepped over. Women are amazing for doing what you're doing."

I give him a smile then walk over to the counter and pay for all my candy and chips that I got for me and of course some to share with Daniel and Maddie.

When we got back in the car Maddie was up.

"We tried to wake you up. You gotta pee or anything?", Daniel asks her.

Maddie shakes her head and gets out the car then walks to the back and sits with me.

"Sorry honey, I need to cuddle with my best friend.", Maddie says, then hugs me closing her eyes.

I smile and rest my head against hers, pulling my blanket over both of us.

"Dan, you can go to a hotel and we can get rooms for the night. Start again tomorrow.", I suggest.

"Yeah, you need a bed and it will be good for me to get some shut eye."

It was about an hour when Daniel started to get tired and pulled into a Holiday Inn parking lot. We walked in with one thing of clothes. I had my pregnancy pillow in one arm with snacks in the other.

Daniel and Maddie got a separate room and I got my own which I was thankful for. Being this pregnant has me waking up at all kinds of times of the night to go pee or because I'm in pain.

I slipped into the bed and positioned myself with the pregnancy pillow and fell asleep. Several times I woke up to use the bathroom or woke up crying because of Kameron or because I was in pain.

Yes, pregnancy is great and all but it's horrible. Back pains, swelling, allergies, headaches, back pains, more back pains, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I barely got any sleep but we hit the road the next morning and got home around seven o'clock. I walked into my house and I let out a sigh of relief. I've miss this place, my home.

"Thank you guys for everything.", I tell Maddie and Daniel.

"Of course. I'll be by tomorrow to check on you okay?", Maddie tells me.

"Okay."

When they leave I sit in my living room staring at the wall with only a lamp giving off light. I reach for the tv remote and turn it on.

My throat got tight and a lump formed when I saw him on the screen. His movie was on television. I wanted to turn it off but I couldn't. I watched the movie and saw Kameron as the man I wanted him to be for me, in real life.

Telling the girl he loves that he loves her, fighting for her, showing her he cares not caring what anyone else thinks. But it was acting. All acting. For a character who wasn't real.

"Only in the movies.", I whisper, shedding a tear and turning the tv off. The black screen closing on Kameron's face.