29

KAMERON

I didn't know what Amelia wanted from me. I tried and tried but she wouldn't take any of it. It's been weeks since I came here to get her back and she's been unresponsive to almost everything. Yesterday was the first sign that she was even slightly forgiving. We are going out for dinner, the first time all week we are going out in public together.

I look up when I heard someone walking up. I look up to see Amelia in a maroon dress, her belly poking out and ready to pop any day. She was stunning.

"You look amazing.", I say.

"Thank you.", she says.

I stand up and walk over to her.

"If you want to dodge any paparazzi I can call one of my guys who are in town.", I suggest.

She shakes her head. "It's okay."

"Okay."

I take her hand and for the first time she doesn't pull away. We walk out of the house and walk to her car, I open the door for her and help her in before I get in and begin driving to our reservation. When we get there I get out the car to help Amelia out.

"Kameron!", I hear.

Oh no.

It isn't long until we have a few paparazzi taking pictures and asking questions. I help Amelia out of the car and hold her close to me.

"Are you two back together?"

"Did you ever break up?

"What happened with Tana?"

"Is it true that the baby might not be yours?"

What?

"Where the fuck did you hear that from?", I snap at the guy holding a camera standing next to me.

"Uh, Tana made a public announcement a few days ago."

"Tana is an idiot. This baby is mine she's starting rumors because I told her I didn't want her anymore.", I reply then tug Amelia to walk into the restaurant with me.

When we got in she looked at me.

"She's telling people the baby isn't yours.", she says.

"She's lying. She's just trying to start shit.", I say.

Amelia and I sit down at our reserved booth and look at the menu. I watched her carefully look over the menu before making a decision.

I felt like I wasn't doing enough to make Amelia believe that I wanted her. I want her and our family.

Dinner went well. I tried talking to her about anything that would be on safe ground for us to talk about. After dinner we went back to her house and I pours us some apple juice in wine glasses then walked into the living room where she was sitting.

"I can't have wine.", she says.

"It's apple juice.", I reply.