Chapter 3

3.  The dark Castle Emma's POV:

When I woke up it took me a moment to remember what happened. I slowly opened my eyes expecting to see myself in a dungeon or something similar, but to my own surprise I'm actually laying on a rather comfortable bed, there is not much in the room, a desk with some drawers, a chair, a mirror, a huge window and two doors, that probably lead to the bathroom and into the corridor. I slowly get up from the bed having to steady myself from feeling slightly dizzy. I also realise someone must have changed my dress as I am now in a more comfortable black one. I walk towards the window and gasp at the view, I'm very high up, maybe in a tower or something and the only thing I see are castle walls and the dark forest surrounding them.

"Well I see you are finally awake, princess" I hear the voice of the evil Queen and spin around. I found her standing close to the door, her dress was majestic and her posture straight and confident, her eyes piercing right through mine.

"Where the hell am I? Let me out of here right now" I yell more in fear then with confidence not moving from where I was standing..

"Oh my dear princess I don't think so, see I waited so long for this moment!" She responds With an evil laugh as she slowly comes closer backing me up against the wall.

"Twenty one years I waited just so I could finally take Snow's happiness from her, so no you will not be leaving, in fact you won't ever leave this castle again!" she replies coldly making my heart sink, with her last words she takes one more step and is now directly in front of me, I feel a tear running down my cheek. She is just a little taller than me giving her the opportunity to tower over me which she clearly enjoys.

"They will find and free me and they will defeat you, you're nothing more than an evil witch, a monster!" I yell at her, before i quickly realise I should not have done so, at my last words her hand rises up and she slapps me hard against the cheek, I stubble backwards against the wall clutching the bruised place before my breath gets caught in my lungs, even without actually touching me I can feel her strangling me with her magic until I fall against the wall not being able to breath anymore.

"You listen to me princess, I can make your life a living nightmare and I promise you it will be worse if you continue to defy me!" she spits, having me tremble on the spot, I can't answer. I desperately try to breathe, as she simply glares at me.
"Do you understand!?!" her voice booms through the room again and I can only nod now feeling the fear consume me completely, whatever made her like this must have been bad.

The moment I nod she lets her hand fall down and I collapse against the wall breathing heavily as she takes another step forward and grabs my chin. I hiss in pain as her nails dig into my skin making her smirk.
"GoodGirl, now that that is settled you will not try to run, you will respect me and most of all you will follow my orders to the best of your ability, understand princess!?" she spits and again I can only nod tears now streaming down my face.
"Rose" she yells making me flinch again as the door opens and a girl maybe a few years older than me with long brown hair enters.
"You will bathe her, do her hair and get her dressed. I will be awaiting her for dinner!" she commands the girl and then turns back to me and I feel myself shrinking further down into the wall.
"You will listen to Rose and you will accompany me for dinner, if you don't do what you are told I will know!" she whispers dangerously before a cloud of purple smoke appears around her and with that she is gone.

"Get up" I hear the girl's voice and slowly follow her command, my knees still weak and my breath heavy.
She guides me through one door to which is indeed a bathroom then she steps behind me. I flinch as I feel her open my dress pulling it down.
"You better just stand still, you don't have a choice anyway my orders are clear, so deal with it!" I hear her snap and I remember the last words of the Queen and close my eyes letting her strip me of my dress and bathe me without anymore major resistance.

I was not allowed to do anything not wash myself, not brush my own hair and definitely not choose my own dress. I'm done now my hair is in a half braid. I am wearing a black tight dress that reaches all the way down and low black high heels.

"Good you're done, now let's not keep the Queen waiting, follow me!" Rose exclaims, one of the few thing she has actually said since what happens in the bathroom.
I do as I am told, once out the door three guards follow us to the dinning hall one walking behind me the others on my sides.

"Here we are, you will wait here until I come to get you, do not try anything." Rose orders making me gulp before she then enters the hall.

"Don't slouch be respectful and bow!" she says a few minutes later as she leaves the hall, stepping aside so I can enter. One of the guards pushes me into the room and I almost lose my balance stumbling into the grand room.

"Not very graceful I see." I hear the voice of the Queen, I don't look up I don't move, but I also don't bow.

"Look at me when I am talking to you!" she hisses and I slowly lift my head. She is sitting at the head of a long wooden table and I can't help admitting that I am drawn to her.

"Sit!" she commands, gesturing to the chair next to her. I slowly walk towards the chair and do as I am told, keeping my head down and staring at my hands in my lap. I can feel her eyes burning holes through me but I don't look up. That is until I feel my head being pushed upwards by her magic.

"Hm Princess, what am I going to do with you!" She questions more to herself than to me and I know it wasn't meant as a question but I answer anyways trying to sound strong as my confidence returns once more.

"Just let me go, my parents will find me eventually so just spare us all the war and let me-" I was cut off feeling my breath catch in my throat as the grip around it gets stronger.

"Hm I don't think that's what I'm going to do, you see your mother once took someone from me and I vowed to destroy her happiness and it seems like you," the room starts spinning and everything starts getting black I can only her the Queen's voice from a distance "...will make a great prisoner once you understand your place here!" she laughs and then everything fades into darkness.