Chapter 10

10. An Invitation

It's been three days since my parents visited the dark castle and everyone is still waiting for a message or some kind of move from the white kingdom.

Regina has been extremely busy planning war strategies and all sorts of things. I actually haven't seen her in the daylight for a while. She is so caught up in trying to protect her kingdom, and me for that matter, that she barely has any time. I do however see her when we go to bed, with the new developments she decided it would be best for me to stay in her chambers where she could make sure I was safe and no one could get to me. We did kiss again and we have been cuddling a lot but nothing more so far.

So that's exactly where I am right now pacing through the room while Rose is sitting on a chair in the room.

"Okay Em I think it's time to stop running around in a circle" she laughs.

"Well what am I supposed to do? I know everyone is on high alert and I don't blame Regina for having me stay here but it's really boring" I exhale.

"I know it is but is running in a circle really helping?" She questions again still laughing.

"Well.. no not really" I finally say in defeat and drop down on my bed.

Rose gets up and sits down next to me "Well I don't have anything to do, the Queen released me of all my duties since you so nicely told her you like to spend time with me" she laughs again.

"Sorry" I murmur.

"Sorry? Why,I get great meals and can spend my time talking to you? It's not like I don't enjoy your company" she giggles. "But why don't you tell me something about your life? It's probably better than running around."

"You already know most about everything." I answered thinking.

"Well you never talked about your sister or how your life changed after.. after what happened" she answers delicately.

I think for a moment "Well Maria was kind hearted, sincere, compacionet, beautiful and the nicest person I've ever known.

She was my best friend and we loved each other so much. She always had to attend more classes than me because she was the crown princess and all that, but she would always come visit me in her breaks and in the evenings, we could talk about everything and nothing and she always encouraged me to be who I want to be and not let anyone decide my life for me" I take a deep breath "The night she disappeared and the following weeks were the worst time of my life, I was alone all the time I didn't see our parents and I felt so helpless not being able to do anything but wait.

To this day no one knows what happened to her, some say she left on her own because the pressure was to much, but I don't believe that she would never just leave me alone there and she always wanted to become Queen one day, others say she was kidnapped by the Queen and Maleficent, but that's just untrue and it wouldn't  have made any sense either they would have taken us both and Regina promised they didn't and I believe her. So I think that was the hardest part after she went missing, not knowing what happened to her, not finding closure and being alone so suddenly." I finish my explanation and look back up at Rose to see her with tears in her eyes.

"I am so sorry" she says hugging me for a moment which just confused me more, why would she be sorry but she continues "She sounds like a great person the way you describe her I really hope you are right and one day the two of you find your way back together and I am glad you don't believe she just left .. because from what you just said she sounds kind of amazing.. but you said you didn't believe either theory what do you think happened?"