☞Holy smokes, he really did it.

"Come 'ere candidate," Herrmann pushed one of the chairs out with his leg. "Have a seat."

The newest candidate on truck 81 looked at Herrmann with pure suspicion in his eyes but he obeyed and took a seat on the free chair nevertheless. The rest of the guys snickered behind them.

"So candidate...you know we have rules here right?" Christopher continued to interrogate the newest member. While the rest of truck knew where this was all going the poor candidate didn't.

"Yea," He said, voice low and unsure. He knew something bad was about to be proposed but he just wanted to fit in. He'll do whatever to fit in.

"You know Y/LN right?" The older man asked him. Of course he knew Y/N Y/LN, she was the most beautiful girl in the whole house. She was kind and funny and always did a great job as the PIC. He admired her but liked her as well. The only problem was that he didn't know if she had a boyfriend or not.

"Of course I know Y/LN. She's the PIC," Cruz didn't try to hide his laughter this time. He found his answer incredibly funny and that made him say PIC in a mocking way once more.

"Basically we want you to take Y/LN out on a date. You can go to Molly's or wherever you prefer." When Herrmann said that it all didn't sound so bad at all. Now he new Y/N was single. "If you get her to go out with you...you're off bathroom duty for 3 weeks."

"Done." The candidate said confidently, almost as if he already asked you on a date and you said yes.

***

You were going through your jump bag, making sure everything was neatly stuffed in there. After that you had to exchange the oxygen tanks. You look at the two big tanks and sigh.

"Need some help?" You sigh in relief at the male voice.

"Please," You look at the newest candidate and smile sheepishly. He beams and leans down to grab the tank.

You don't need to be taken not to notice someone's muscles. His shirt is tight against them but you aren't fazed. Kelly has bigger muscles.

The candidate notices you staring and smiles victoriously. "So Y/LN..."

You snap back. "Mhmmm...what's up?"

"Are you free tonight?" You don't hide your surprise at his question. The young man is now only a few inches away from you. When you try to move backwards you're stopped by the ambulance. "We could go out. You and me."

Your ability to speak suddenly disappears and you damn the day Kelly and you decided to keep your relationship a secret.

Speaking of Kelly, he's sitting right at the squad table in his usual seat with a perfect view of the ambulance. You know how that must look for him. You steal a glance at him. His big shoulders and his whole body is tense, his jaw is clenched and his eyes are narrowed dangerously at you two.

"Look, you and I...we don't really know each other." You try to let him down slowly.

"C'mon Y/N...we can get to know each other." Your eyebrows raise at his casual use of your first name. Everyone calls you by your last name at work.

"Any problems here?" You gaze at your wonderful boyfriend and gape. Kelly looks angry.

"No Lieutenant, Y/N and I were talking about something." The candidate said casually, once again using your first rather than last name. Kelly raised an eyebrow at that and suddenly looked more dangerous than ever.

"You'll continue talking once your done talking to me. Let's go candidate," Kelly's voice ring with authority...and jealousy.

Once the two dissappear inside the house you sit on the floor of the ambo and run your hands through your hair.

Standing next to the truck is the gang of crazy heads who made this all happen. "Holy smokes that kid is gonna die." Herrmann noted in awe.

"He really did it," Otis said and snickered.

"See this is what happens when you make a puppy attack the wolf." Cruz sighed and leaned against the red truck.

"The puppy dies?" Herrmann questions.

"Only if the she-wolf prevents it," At that moment Cruz locks eyes with you and everyone comes to a realization that they're busted.

"I think the she-wolf is gonna kill us chickens." Herrmann said and started praying to survive your rage as you stomped towards them.

***

"What's up Lieutenant?" Back in Kelly's private room he got as a result of being a high rank, the candidate casually spoke to him and that made him even more angrier than he already was.

"You don't talk to Y/N ever again." Kelly locked his gaze with the overly confident candidate. "Not unless I'm with her."

It was like all the good manners Casey installed into the candidate were gone and he was now ready to fight the Lieutenant.

"You can't do that."

"Yes I can. And you know why?" Kelly stood up from his chair and towered over the candidate. "Because Y/N Y/LN is my girl."

That poor kid almost fainted. He flirted with Severide's girlfriend. "It won't happen again Lieutenant."

"It better not," Kelly moved to sit on his chair once again. "Now get out of my sight before I decide to kick you out and transfer you to another house."

The candidate nodded aggressively and turned around to open the door and do as he was told. Only once he opened it he was met by you and he almost had a heart attack. He raised both of his hands in the air and made sure that he in no way touches you as he walks out.

"I just finished with the damage control. Can you believe how many gossipers are in this house?" Your attempts at lightening the mood fail as Kelly just makes himself more comfortable in his chair. "Baby c'mon."

With a dramatic sigh you close the door behind yourself and walk towards him. He keeps his eyes trained on you as he waits for what's to come.

Since there isn't an extra chair in the room you sit on his lap. This action is the most casual thing in your relationship but now it seems so much more intimate that it makes you blush. Your two arms wrap themselves around his neck and instinctively he closes his big muscled arms around your waist as well. Now flushed together you stare each other down until a smile makes its way on Kelly's face.

That's enough for you to plant your lips onto his. The kiss is long and fiercely passionate so you pull away before it goes any further. To make up for it you cover his lips over and over again in a series of sweet kisses. Then you kiss his cheeks and nose as the final peace offering.

"Are we cool?" You ask as your hands cup his strong prominent jaw.

"We will be," Suddenly you're in his arms, legs wrapped around him as he carries you to his bed. "After I'm done with you."

"But what about the others?" You giggle as you watch him pull the blinds down.

"We can be quiet when we want to baby but if I'm honest with you I don't care about anyone else but you." His eyes never leave yours as he talks.

"Then come here hot stuff." You open your arms out for him as an invite. Kelly thankfully doesn't have to be told twice.